🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ToddSkoda

Teen Wolf (1985)

I love Teen Wolf, but it is a bad movie. So bad it's great.

I am new to this podcast and I am surprised it isn't already recommended. If it was I apologize, i did run a couple of searches.

Teen Wolf 2 is just bad.

Bumping this one as I caught last night for the first time in years and.....wow. Checks the box on so many genres: teen comedy, coming of age film, werewolf film and 80s sports flick.

Similar to Teen Witch, this is classic 80s cheese that only could have been made in that decade.

Also, the coach of Fox's basketball team is one of the most quotable characters of the 80s:

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese"

Scott Howard: Hi. I'd like a keg of beer please?

Old man clerk: [looking at a newspaper] You don't say.

Scott Howard: Yeah. How much is that?

Old man clerk: You little bastards just don't give up, do you? Listen, no I.D. no goddamn beer. Can't you get that through your thick skull?

Scott Howard: [his eyes turn red and his voice changes] Give me, a keg, of beer.

[the clerk steps back in fear and go gets a keg, then Scott turns back to normal holding a thing of licorice]

Scott Howard: And these.

Controversial opinion incoming, I liked the second one better. Michael J. Fox was fantastic as he is in everything he does. But I remember watching the second one and being all excited as a kid at the freedom that college life had to offer. I also feel like there were times in the first one where the movie was taking itself far too seriously, especially when it was a film about a fucking werewolf playing basketball.

My favorite part of this movie is that the Drama teacher insists that Michael J. Fox be the werewolf when he's supposed to be playing a confederate soldier. 

Just the thought of a teacher being actively annoyed at a student for not werewolfing out makes me happy.