EPISODE 217 — A i4h Christmas Carol

52 replies to this topic

#41 Battz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

i4h is the best podcast in the universe.

Does anyone know what musical guest they keep making fun of that didn't play stuff live?

#42 StalakTights

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

Very very very funny episode!

#43 Pokwok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

More of theses episodes. This one even tops the whiplash episode.

Anyone know if the "Yo Is This Racist?" guy has responded to Matt's jabs?

I tend to agree though. I've flipped through a couple of the episodes, and IMO the whole show minimizes what racism actually is, which is an unfortunate trend these days. When you make every little non-malicious "micro-aggression" racism, then it really minimizes actual racism. A whole show about it is just obtuse. I feel like the only people listening to it are hyper-sensitive folk who just want their "woe is me the world is always holding me down" attitude to be validated. It's unhealthy and a little delusional.

Racism is a very serious, and very real thing. When you have to spend an hour dissecting whether or not some benign bullshit is "racist", that benign bullshit probably isn't racist. Stop lumping actual racists in with everyday people who aren't actually prejudice.

#44 SaltPeanuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Locationparts unknown

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Did someone say fallout 4? Enjoying the show all the way in Diamond City!

Posted Image

#45 SteFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

Excellent episode, I love what Matt and the crew are doing creatively with this podcast.

And thought Brett's improv skills were great, "okay I'm coming over, fuck him"

#46 Foamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Brett, if you're reading this you are the unsung hero of podcasting.

"He is LITERALLY my subordinate."
"I'm just finishing up this robot voice thing..."
"Alright, I'm coming over, fuck him he's dead."

#47 MultipleReferee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS.

http://www.avclub.co...bergdahl-229704

They also referred to Armen as an i4h regular so uh, I guess that evens it out.

#48 MattRasch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Angry Besser is the best Besser, acting or non.

#49 ocean_machine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

View Postsaddlebags, on 11 December 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Did you hear the whiplash ep? It's basically the same 'Besser' character. Thinly veiled? Sure. But it's a character.

*woosh*

#50 Kyle Crusoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

More payoff to the listener than any podcast episode I've heard.

#51 TheBlackSpank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:43 AM

Brett doesn't get enough credit. Always fun when he gets to participate in I4H, Who Charted, and HH.

#52 Pokwok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

I keep coming back to this episode. Honestly I think this was a crowning achievement for I4H. It's just too damn good, especially for the long time listeners.

#53 MrMoxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

I've finally made it to this episode and I have to say that I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. I'm sorry if my emphatic enthusiasm is cringey but I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Besser's self awareness with his occasional scroogeyness perfectly set up this whole narrative and everybody was so much fun this time. It was nice to hear people in character be a bit more honest like how Gabrus is annoyingly typecast at casting, or how Scott/Kulap do seem to get preferential treatment at the earwolf store. These things could fuel cynical sincere rants but instead when expressed through good humored characters. It shows that everybody involved are each big enough people to laugh it off rather than be bitter people, even if the parking is terrible.

The callbacks to things like the Pike being a cyborg case closed were great, in general it was really impressive how quirks from previous episodes were used as set-up for jokes in this episode. Everything here was executed so well, including the times where you subvert the tropes like Armen not being that different in his 3 ghost forms, or Besser/Armen using the ghostly vision to perv out on Brett's girlfriend.

Also really got to give credit to Brett, he got pimped out a lot here and rather than let it get to his head he played along minimally. never trying to make the bit about him, even when it was. A vainer person would've said "now it's finally my turn to be the improv star" but instead he played along very well and modestly.

I really needed a laugh and although i4h is often far more blue than I'd prefer (I always worry my earbuds will come out of my phone and the people at the grocery store will hear one of the graphic sex bits) this episode was really funny and genuinely upbeat in a way that really raised my spirits.

Great job!