🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 38 - Beautiful, Fancy Apartment in NYC

It's called icing sugar, you add water to it and it becomes icing. It's not a complicated process. There's only two ingredients. Sometimes if you want to get crazy, you put some food dye and / or artificial flavouring in it. Most people keep a bag of it in the cupboard next to the self-raising flour. I hope you have found this comment informative.

Americans are obsessed with putting things in cans and pre-making everything so I am not surprised that frosting in a can is a thing that exists. You invented the hamburger in a can afterall.

I'm only halfway through this one and still tingling with anticipation at the upcoming improvising.

I just wanna say that the opening Mack Weldon ad was brilliant. However (maybe it's just me but for me) the second ad with Jack Nicholson was very hard to listen to (for me). It may have been the first ever Spont ad I've skipped.

Anyway I'm very excited for these two Kiwis to be on this show. Their show is great. Everyone remember to check out The Worst Idea of All Time. Paul guested on their show at LAPodfest.

Now on to the show, for me.

It's called icing sugar, you add water to it and it becomes icing. It's not a complicated process. There's only two ingredients.

If those are the only ingredients you put in your frosting/icing, I hope to never eat yours. Usually, you at least have milk, cream, and butter as well to help hold it together.

Just adding sugar to water will basically just give you hummingbird food.

Uh oh, things are starting to heat up in here, frosting conversation-wise. It's the episode all over again!

IMG_6612.jpg

Eban loves civil liberties as much as he loves not receiving the "Loud top" memo that everyone else got!

• Like 5

If those are the only ingredients you put in your frosting/icing, I hope to never eat yours. Usually, you at least have milk, cream, and butter as well to help hold it together.

I think there's some confusion in terminology here. American "icing" (confectioner's sugar, water/milk, sometimes food coloring) generally hardens and is therefore used on cookies¹ or other desserts eaten by hand. "Frosting" (sugar, butter, milk, flavoring like vanilla and/or cocoa) remains soft and is used to coat the outside of cakes². Both frosting and icing can be purchased pre-packaged in American markets.

¹ Often called "biscuits" elsewhere in the English-speaking world

² Often referred to as "lorries" or "lifts" outside of America

• Like 3

Just adding sugar to water will basically just give you hummingbird food.

Icing sugar and sugar are two different things. Hence the names being different.

I love that now, when the guest writes down the scene location, and fails to use a proper grammatical article, like "A" or "The" it means Paul will most likely start the scene with a Russian/ Eastern European type accent.

-

Paul, please, please continue to do this. It never fails to bring me joy.

• Like 5

Juice Bar Genie is a landlord?

Ah, I kid. This was delightful!

At one point Paul says "I will grant..." and I was yelling "A wish! A wish!"

• Like 1

After Paul's tweet last week, I was really hoping LL would be on the show this week. And, of course, she is. And they're both on CBB. And there's a new HDTGM. It was a real conundrum figuring out what to listen to on the way to work.

I had the same problem with the third-party app I use (Podcast Addict), so I had to listen to it on the Howl app.

Podcastaddict here, also. but its such a great app, i'm not about to switch. I just wait for monday evening or listen on soundcloud...