đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
JackMeyers

Bedazzled (2000)

A horrible remake of a great movie originally starring Peter Cook and Dudley Moore with Raquel Welch in the role she was born to play...Lust. Instead we get George of the Jungle and a model who thinks she can act. What makes this movie so awful is the shadow it cast over the brilliant original. It would be like remaking Citizen Kane and putting Tom Green in the lead. Rip this turd apart.

I was forced to watch this movie a second time when my family was visiting my brother in Chicago, he joined the navy and he just finished boot camp

We went into the city and we saw this movie, everybody wanted to see it so i went with them anyway. I saw it once already, i felt it was "meh" and a second viewing didn't change my opinion of this movie.

To be fair, this is easily one of Brendan Frasier's best movies. That, however is a low low bar to clear.

• Like 4

To be fair, this is easily one of Brendan Frasier's best movies. That, however is a low low bar to clear.

It's no Encino Man, buuuddddyyy

• Like 1

I would agree that Encino man is the best, I just said this one is one of the best (read: less terrible).

Brendan Fraser is a national treasure. I've never seen an actor who is so, so bad just WORK in so many movies.

I mean, he's an awful actor. By so many marks. But Mummy works with him. For some reason. It just works.

He's awful. But put him opposite Joe Pesci? It just works. Don't ask anyone how. It does.

He is the reason Hollywood can't have nice things. But put him in an episode of Scrubs? You will cry. Dammit. You WILL cry.

• Like 2

He really is such a goob. But honestly think of a movie like looney tunes back in action or dudley do right. I cant think of anyone better for goofy roles like that.

And to his credit he does have a couple of darker movies which are pretty solid. Gods and Monsters and the quiet american were both great.

But yea whenever I watch blast from the past I cant help but think that that character is pretty close to his actual personality.

• Like 1

Let us not forget that he was also in "Crash", one of the finest ensemble comedies of the 21st century!

I get so embarrassed when people bring up that movie. 17-year-old me saw it with a buddy opening weekend and thought it was the most profound thing I'd ever seen, and thusly made everyone else go see it.

17-year-old me was pretty much the definition of a sheltered suburban kid. So, yeah. Target audience.

• Like 1

Brendan Frazier has starred in some very terrible films, but this is far from his best film. His best performance and film was 'The Quiet American'. It's a great film and he's brilliant in it.

As for what Brendan Frazier movie would make the best HDTGM, the answer has to be 'The Scout'. The movie is supposed to be a comedy, but it tries so hard to be a serious drama as well and it ends up achieving neither. Also are we really supposed to believe that Brendan Frazier is an undiscovered mexican baseball phenom, that literally wins every single game he pitches with a record breaking 27 stikeouts, on only 81 pitches, and also hits a homerun every single time he steps up to bat?

I may have to edit my post to bold, underline and increase the size of the words "one of" since it's obviously not clear that I am not saying it is his single best film, but one of several.

I really dont know which version of Brendan Fraser I find the most delightful in this movie, its pretty hard competition.

What breaks your brain with this movie is that Brendan Fraser should learn early on that EVERY wish he makes is going to blow up on him and yet he keeps making vague wishes that have such easily-exploitable loopholes, the Devil doesn't even need to try that hard. If you're doing a kind of unserious arse-ing around comedy like Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, it's fine because we're in on the joke, but this is played as such a sincere spiritual journey for him, it just makes him look like Earth's greatest idiot.

• Like 1

The ending is also super weird. Not the part where the girl at his work turns him down, but the part where he finds her nerdy doppelganger. I would have been on board if there was another co worker and they both realized they a common interest in speakers.

But for him to stumble on a woman who not only shares his interests, but is a long lost twin of a girl he's been low key stalking for the last couple years just seems really fucking strange. 

Bump for being one of the craziest Brendan Fraser movies. This and Monkeybone are wild!

My cousin forced me to watch this movie with him in his computer. He was also really into Dipset

I saw about 3/4 of this on VHS back in the day and couldn’t believe how bad it was, partly because of how many times sitcoms had done the “Faustian bargain” plot when they were totally out of ideas (only one I can remember anymore is the The Mask animated series). It was actually doing it even more poorly than them.

Also, his absurd level of shyness + infatuation with that girl is so high that it passes comedy and is just weird and creepy.

Not gonna lie, this movie is so bad that I later assumed/misremembered it as starring Rob Schneider.

Sign in to follow this