đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
DevinBoudreaux

Class of 1999 (1990)

Pam Grier, Malcolm McDowell, and Stacy Keach. Part Mad Max, Part Terminator, Part the Warriors. Talk about a thrill ride of bad special effects, shitty one liners, and awful costumes set in seattle. This movie needs to get reviewed, it's so fucking awesome and shitty!

IMDb describes this as: “Robot teachers have been secretly placed in the schools where the students have run riot. The teachers do a good job of controlling the unruly youngsters, until they go too far and some students get suspicious.”

If this synopsis doesn’t win you over, consider Pam Grier is one of the robots, there is a plethora of futuristic trash can fires, and there’s an amazing spanking scene. Not to mention the teenage characters all dress like Mad Max rejects and are addicted to a drug called Edge. This is a favorite of mine and my husband’s, as the majority of our movie nights are “so-bad-it’s good”movies. Consider it—it’s worth celebrating!

This movie rules! It's a super fun Dystopian High School movie. I bought the Vestron re-issue this year, because my Korean-import DVD wasn't hacking it anymore.

There is a funny story in the blu-ray commentary about Stacy Keach insisting on his character being albino. Apparently his wig and contacts were really expensive, but you can see every dollar up on the screen.

Sign in to follow this