๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
mrrichardson

Dead Man on Campus (1998)

It's a comedy about everyone's favorite subject... suicide. Starring Tom Everett Scott and Zack Morris from 'Saved By the Bell'. This film deals with a plot, where two college slackers try and recruit crazy college members to become their roommate, in the hopes that one of them will commit suicide whilst living with them, so that they can then get straight A's due to a little known policy at that college.

ย 

Some of the students at this college include, a psychopath who regularly drinks, does drugs, and purposefully starts high speeds chases with police officers, which are quote "pretty intense", a moody rock musician who still watches and laughs at kids cartoons, and an extremely delusional and paranoid wacko who thinks Bill Gates is trying to steal his brain.

ย 

It's an awful, but entertaining film that would make for a great episode of HDTGM.

I was going to suggest this the other day and forgot. It really is a strange movie, its all fucking over the place in terms of tone. I know it definitely wants to be a comedy but Tom Everett Scott just floats through movie looking extremely depressed.

Bump for this, hard to say who I feel worse for Mark Paul Gosslear because he's so much better in this movie than it deserves. Or Lochlyn Munro, who clearly thought that this was going to be the role that skyrocketed him to fame.

This was a weird little trend where you had this and The Curve coming out close to one another and I think there were a few more that covered this topic, and none were particularly good. This got a little more publicity as it was the lighter of the two movies and I think MTV might have been involved with the production as they were promoting the hell out of it on their channel, plus it was MPG's first real role after Saved by the Bell, so there was some interest to see him in a bit more mature content.

This movie was filmed at my college lol so it has some nostalgic vibe for me since I remember seeing them film a couple scenes while I was in school. The movie isnโ€™t very rad though lol.

Sign in to follow this