🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 283.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 188

On a very special New Years edition of Sklarbro County, Randy, Jason, and Daniel Van Kirk get into some real talk about Vin Diesel, Hanukkah, Larry King, and the usual County insanity. Plus, we hear from our good friend Michael Kissick who has some great jokes to share with us. Happy New Year!

Honestly, No Guest is No Problem. I could listen to Daniel Van Kirk read, and be subsequently baffled by, weird news stories all day. He has such a singular, unique comedy mind and approaches things from so many different angles, all coming from a genuine Midwestern friendliness, free of cynicism or spite. It's the perfect way to tackle insanity like dudes in Florida having a Halloween Machete Hackoff Hand-Fest because nobody is as bemused by the circumstances as he is, yet he retains his composure in the face of such chaos and is able to make jokes. He makes me glad to hear Mark Wahlberg's voice. That is some powerful comedy!

• Like 2

I think the machete thing in Florida, or at least in that particular part of Florida, has roots in sugarcane farming. (I think it was Bryant. That's in the Lake Okeechobee area. Big Sugar country!)

The harvesting is pretty much all mechanized now, so carrying around machetes isn't really called for, but it's hard to break with tradition. (You probably don't see many machetes on Marco Island. That's Big Golf Cart country!)

Correction on this episode, the incident with the machete actually is in Bryan, Texas. This is in the area near Texas A&M university.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-hand-cut-machete-halloween-horror-fight-article-1.2421493

Great episode!!!

In my head while I was listening I was imagining Jay's voice in responding to the "Baby Whale" guy having a proper English accent.

Correction on this episode, the incident with the machete actually is in Bryan, Texas. This is in the area near Texas A&M university.

I thought they were saying Bryan, not Bryant. Thanks.

That's the treatment Florida gets in the County. You hear machete, and the association is presumed.

Sign in to follow this