🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 127 - Kazaam: LIVE!

TBH, this sounds way more fun than regular old Sharknado

cQ3Hd7L.jpg

(didn't make it, just googled it)

They had gone over budget with the poster art so this is what the film looks like.

zityrr.jpg

• Like 4

Ryan Sz what is his characters name in Straight Outta Compton and does it have a mission?

It works out that he can also be called Arabian Prince and his mission is to rap his way into kids' beds.

EllenM question for you, do you have Netflix canada? can you tell me if The Apple 1980 is listed for streaming there?

No, it's not.

Also, does Marvel have an Alpha Flight series on Netflix Canada that us U.S. viewers are missing out on?

No, we do not.

With streaming that bad in Canada, does it still have video stores?

I don't think streaming is bad up here but I might be less picky than others. I'm a devourer of television and watching it the next day on the network website works for me. My hometown of 2500 people still sells DVDs at the Co-Op and the other convenience store but no strictly video store.

My biggest problem are all the geo-blocked clips on YouTube by NBC. This next gif perfectly illustrates my ire over this topic.

giphy.gif

I see a clip I want, I click it, it takes a half second to load then crushes my heart because it is unavailable from my location.

• Like 3

It works out that he can also be called Arabian Prince and his mission is to rap his way into kids' beds.

there is the poster for that movie.

wt9ma8.jpg

My biggest problem are all the geo-blocked clips on YouTube by NBC. This next gif perfectly illustrates my ire over this topic.

I see a clip I want, I click it, it takes a half second to load then crushes my heart because it is unavailable from my location.

EllenM

I found a fix for that, you may already know about it, but it works for me. ;)

at the bottom of that page is a search bar you enter in the link viva cut and paste and 99% of the time it unblocks you. also on some links you have to remove the s in HTTPS part of the url to get them to work.

I so hate when that happens and I've even written google about this very problem. I still have not heard back from them but I am sure they are working day and light to come up with a good solid solution.

They had gone over budget with the poster art so this is what the film looks like.

zityrr.jpg

Still, more enjoyable than the Sharknados....

• Like 3

Blockbuster is out of business here, but it is still a company for streaming.

we've got itunes,

shomi

Netflix

CraveTV

Youtubes limited renting

cable company on-demand service.

But the problem with all of these services is minus youtube and itunes, is you can't search them for a film in question with out having an account already. would you shop at amazon if you had to have account first and could not even look at the site with out one?

so what good is the service if I have to stay active with a paying account if I can't just quickly see whats on that service. This marketing may work well for costco but doesn't work for online content. this is the fundamental problem with all of these kind of services and the reason most of us have given up on cable to begin with. 99 channels and there is nothing on and no real good way to manage any of them in the first place. what most of these company's have to do and need to do is create a super easy interface that lets other people like TV Guide.com create an app that can read those websites and report what's on where. they sort of do this but it doesn't work. plus we need to do away with copyright rules for world wide distribution and offer the item world wide and not locked down to

What we really need to do is have a service that just offers the moon and forgets limited movie catalogs altogether. if they did that at a reasonable price then they could do away with online piracy in a heartbeat. but until that happens it's download and burn.

anyway I just spend 30 dollars to buy a used copy of the apple today. lets hope I don't get burnt. apple shares are going up people so if you haven't got a copy yet it's buy buy buy time.

saupload_cramer_2.jpg

There are a few sites that tell you what is available on Netflix for different countries (which is helpful if you use an international VPN service). I quickly googled "netflix instant canada" and came up with this site:

http://canada.netflixable.com/

• Like 1

There are a few sites that tell you what is available on Netflix for different countries (which is helpful if you use an international VPN service). I quickly googled "netflix instant canada" and came up with this site:

http://canada.netflixable.com/

Thanks Lando, I already knew about that site. my beef was on just how stupied these streaming services are and how they don't let you search the database with out a membership. it's a con to lure you into paying each month for a box full of shit movies you didn't want in the first place. I just needed to get that off my chest is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acEl97ZBME

It's really my own fault I should of know that the apple was going to come to HDTGM land. the tip off was when paul said he really liked the cannon movie The Wild Story Of Cannon Films Electric Boogaloo, The problem is most of those films are out of print or hard to find. Not all of them but it's clear that the apple is not in print anymore.

I got a roasting a turkey so I got to keep a eye on here. you don't know if you have to really kill the bird before you roast it do ya ? Just lure it in and hit roast, you know it's ready when it stops moving. Kidding.

I forgot to thank EllenM for looking that up for me. Thank you and everyone else here who tried to help.

Can we talk about the Slash film article? It wasn't up when the episode dropped. But I just read this and my brain imploded.

Roger Soffer: The rap lyrics, actually, are one of the things I’m actually proud of

WAH.

O5KHMir.gif

• Like 4

I wanted to share with you all my experience with Kazan. I was pretty young when this came out and somehow in my childnind Kazan and Steel were somehow connected. For some reason I mistook Kazan for "Shazam", as in what Billy Batson yells to turn into Captain Marvell. I And somehow in my childmind I thought this was setting up some weird Captain Marvel movie and that Steel was some sort of descendent of counterpart of Steel. I don't know. But Until now I always thought Kazan was a really good failed prequel to a Cap Marvel movie and remember laughing at the bath scene. Also I get the kid confused with the kid from Kid in King Author's court. And even as I listen to this podcast I still can't fully process how wrong I was.

Ommission:

So Kazaam was a real person at one point, and was turned into a genie over 5,000 years ago. Sure, I'm on board with that. However, that means that over 5,000 years ago, Kazaam was walking around, 7'-1", 300 something pounds.

The average height of a person was much smaller 100 years ago, let alone 5,000 years ago. Kazaam would have been a god like figure at that size at that time. He would have made Xerxes look like Kat Williams.

Coming to you soon, Gilgamesh 3D, starring Shaq.

Oh man everyone needs to know about Teen Witch. It might have been an inspiration for Sabrina but it doesn't technically have anything to do with it. This stars Blake Lively's older sister Robin Lively and is just one of the worst movies I have ever seen and yet this scene alone (as Jason said) makes just about everything turn into total greatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksBE53CIT8E

The dark haired guy is just like some smarmy character Paul Rudd would play. I love this.

This episode belongs on all HDTGM "best of" lists. When Jason announced Larry Byrd as the replacement Kazaa, I laughed until my face nearly exploded. The way that bit built made my life worth living for having heard it.

Guys I just had my mind blown. It has to do with the mandela effect/berenstain bears stuff...

First, check out this article http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2016/12/movie-doesn-t-exist-and-redditors-who-think-it-does

My friend and I both remember Shazaam. I'm downloading Kazaam now to watch and confirm that I've never seen this piece of shit. But I honestly can't believe that Shazaam wasn't real. NO way Shaq had the charisma that I'm remembering from Sinbad... what the fuck!

Chime in if you remember Shazaam! Never forget!

• Like 1

Amazing link Elie, fascinating read. I had never heard of Sinbad growing up, yet my first toehold in knowing who he was, was at a sleepover party where I am sure we watched a movie about a wisecracking genie. My friends and I were big basketball fans, so there's NO WAY that was Shaq in Kazaam. If you'd asked me before I read this Mandela Effect article, I would have confidently agreed there was a Sinbad genie movie. Now I'm just wigged out.

• Like 2

My takeaway from that is, I think there's some Redditors who can't tell the difference between Shaq and Sinbad and are really, really bad at being racist.

PS The Berenstain Bears were always the Berenstain Bears, Shazaam is Kazaam, and Stephen Biko died in prison, not Mandela.