🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

razzie time

Not going to lie, as much of a mess as Jupiter Ascending was, I really enjoyed watching it and picking it apart.

• Like 1

What does everyone think that they're gonna pick apart this year? My gut is leaning towards 50 Shades or Pixels because of obvious reasons, but my coworker thinks they might go with a ton of Fantastic Four.

What does everyone think that they're gonna pick apart this year? My gut is leaning towards 50 Shades or Pixels because of obvious reasons, but my coworker thinks they might go with a ton of Fantastic Four.

I read that as "50 Shades of Pixels". That's some "Custer's Revenge" shit right there...

I read that as "50 Shades of Pixels". That's some "Custer's Revenge" shit right there...

Or the alternate title to the 50 Shades of Black parody.

id say it could be dominated by cannon films.... hopefully ones that are easy to find ... streaming wise ... the apple anyone???

I think there's a bit of confusion taylor, did you mean HDTGM or the razzies?

I think there's a bit of confusion taylor, did you mean HDTGM or the razzies?

Razzies, sorry. It seems like every year they pick one specific movie to sweep the awards with because they want to really take those people down a peg (After Earth, Movie 43, etc etc.)

Sandler should sweep his nominations because outside of Stallone, he's Public Enemy #1 for Razzies. I expect 50 Shades or Fantastic 4 to win worst adaptation.

• Like 1

Ugh the Razzies are an absolute farce, the lame nomination skit says it all really

From all accounts a lot of the voters haven't even seen the movies. What can you expect though when you can buy a membership to vote;

CYoXANFUkAAbmpz.png

Why do these awards still get a mention in the media?

Because people like reading about the worst of the year as much as the best of the year.

• Like 1

I think the general public have no knowledge that for a tiny fee you or I could be voting on it.

They're so obvious every year as well, surprise surprise Adam Sandler is nominated multiple times. They crap on the 'popular' bad movies in an effort to stay relevant, their were far worse movies this year than the ones nominated.

• Like 1

They're so obvious every year as well, surprise surprise Adam Sandler is nominated multiple times. They crap on the 'popular' bad movies in an effort to stay relevant, their were far worse movies this year than the ones nominated.

Like? I genuinely think the ones that were nominated are considered the worst of the worst to come out this year.

Except Jupiter Ascending because I have to agree with Lando that was a really fun watch and not as bad as some of the previous Wachowski vehicles.

• Like 2

I think the general public have no knowledge that for a tiny fee you or I could be voting on it.

to be fair you could say the exact same about all the other award shows too. every year the same people getting the same noms for pretty much the same material. and theres too many award shows now. just speaking for myself, they've become pointless. just another form of advertising.

but to instantly contradict myself ... how great is it to see mad max get so many nominations ... and a best picture nom to boot. i was disappointed straight outta compton and inside out didn't get best picture nominations though. or that wiz khalifa didn't get a best original song nod. would love to have seen some fast 7 scenes on the big night.

so roll on february 28th ... at least for the on cinema at the cinema oscar night special! (if there is one .. haven't heard from gregg in awhile)

• Like 2

to be fair you could say the exact same about all the other award shows too. every year the same people getting the same noms for pretty much the same material. and theres too many award shows now. just speaking for myself, they've become pointless. just another form of advertising.

but to instantly contradict myself ... how great is it to see mad max get so many nominations ... and a best picture nom to boot. i was disappointed straight outta compton and inside out didn't get best picture nominations though. or that wiz khalifa didn't get a best original song nod. would love to have seen some fast 7 scenes on the big night.

so roll on february 28th ... at least for the on cinema at the cinema oscar night special! (if there is one .. haven't heard from gregg in awhile)

I think the "best" awards shows are just showing how little the people involved actually pay attention to all the great stuff out there. I, as well, am overjoyed that Mad Max is getting the recognition it deserves! But I'm very saddened by the absence of Straight Outta Compton (and specifically Jason Mitchell) in almost every single category plus the absences of Paul Dano, Idris Elba, and Michael B. Jordan in their stunning performances this year. Oh and Carol not getting nominated for Best Picture!

The Academy and Hollywood love to talk about how they want to give awards out to the true talent but you are so right, it just seems to go to the same 5 people every damn year.

And also to immediately contradict myself I would love to see Brie Larson take Best Actress! I've been a fan of hers for years and am so happy to her get recognition as well! I just hope that it doesn't spark the same thing in her that it did in Jennifer Lawrence and she gets stuck in a bunch of one note roles with a hack director (can y'all tell I really didn't like Joy?).

• Like 1

I think the "best" awards shows are just showing how little the people involved actually pay attention to all the great stuff out there. I, as well, am overjoyed that Mad Max is getting the recognition it deserves! But I'm very saddened by the absence of Straight Outta Compton (and specifically Jason Mitchell) in almost every single category plus the absences of Paul Dano, Idris Elba, and Michael B. Jordan in their stunning performances this year. Oh and Carol not getting nominated for Best Picture!

The Academy and Hollywood love to talk about how they want to give awards out to the true talent but you are so right, it just seems to go to the same 5 people every damn year.

And also to immediately contradict myself I would love to see Brie Larson take Best Actress! I've been a fan of hers for years and am so happy to her get recognition as well! I just hope that it doesn't spark the same thing in her that it did in Jennifer Lawrence and she gets stuck in a bunch of one note roles with a hack director (can y'all tell I really didn't like Joy?).

I'm hoping that Stallone wins for Creed because it was an amazing performance, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy win for The Revenant, though I felt he would have easily earned Best Actor for Legend if the plot was better. I'm surprised that Charlize Theron wasn't nominated for Mad Max and as for Compton, while it was a great movie, I don't think it was Best Picture caliber. I'm also shocked that Hateful Eight didn't get an Original Screenplay nod as Tarantino is usually able to snag that even if he misses out on the other nominations, though I do like that Jennifer Jason Leigh continued that tradition of actors/actresses who have been out of the spotlight or are new to American audiences and star in a Tarantino film and earn at least a nomination.

As for Joy and David O. Russell, I haven't seen it because it didn't seem that interesting to me and I cannot stand David O. Russell. He made a couple good movies (Three Kings and The FIghter) but everything else I just didn't like, especially because they come off as total Oscar Bait. It also doesn't help that he's a gigantic douche in real life.

I had trouble with Carol, personally. I thought Blanchett and Mara's were so aloof, so utterly detached from any sort of emotion that the movie became alienating. I understand that Haynes was trying to intentionally distance us from the characters in a way - but that doesn't mean it was a good technique.

I much, much prefer something like his Far From Heaven - which taps into a lot of the same Douglas Sirk-isms while actually letting us feel something for the characters.

I haven't seen like any of these movies so I can't comment. But maybe HDTGM could do some Razzie winners for Feb/Awards season. It turns out there are actually a lot that haven't been covered. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Award_for_Worst_Picture

Swept Away? The Postman? Striptease?

These all feel like perfect fits for the show! Also I still demand the Nic Cage "Left Behind" even though it didn't win last year. (But at least Kirk Cameron got something after losing the Left Behind franchise?)

• Like 1

Ms Pacman finds out she loves masochism and bad dialogue in her lover's sex dungeon

Past Razzie Worst Picture winners I want to see covered include:

Mommie Dearest

Rambo: First Blood Part II

Cocktail

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Indecent Proposal

Striptease

Swept Away

Basic Instinct 2

• Like 1

results are in ....

no real surprises here: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/fifty-shades-of-grey-dominates-2016-razzies-20160228

fifty shades cleaned up

vice interview with the creator of the razzies if you want a short read. apparently xanadu was one of the films that inspired the awards, nice little hdtgm tie in http://www.vice.com/read/the-founder-of-the-razzies-explains-what-the-academy-awards-are-getting-wrong?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Like? I genuinely think the ones that were nominated are considered the worst of the worst to come out this year.

Except Jupiter Ascending because I have to agree with Lando that was a really fun watch and not as bad as some of the previous Wachowski vehicles.

I agree with Sievers, they are always the most obvious choices and rarely are they commercially successful ones (hey let's nominate twilight every year!) Other choices could be Pitch Perfect 2 (this was my least favorite movie of last year, and maybe one of the worst ones I've paid money to see), Taken 3, Project almanac, and the Gunman.

I agree with Sievers, they are always the most obvious choices and rarely are they commercially successful ones (hey let's nominate twilight every year!) Other choices could be Pitch Perfect 2 (this was my least favorite movie of last year, and maybe one of the worst ones I've paid money to see), Taken 3, Project almanac, and the Gunman.

I agree that they can sometimes be the obvious choice but also sometimes the obvious choices are literally the worst. I had also thought 50 Shades of Grey was a commercial success because I'm pretty positive it made more money than everything else combined.

Sign in to follow this