🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 395 - Yupparently

Stand-up extraordinaire and official CBB friend of the show Whitney Cummings finally makes her first appearance on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! Whitney tells us all about her new HBO special "I'm Your Girlfriend," what it means to be diagnosed as a love addict, and an important comedy lesson she learned early in her career. Then, Hollywood producer Gene Rottenberry arrives to talk about his new space show "Star Confirmation." Later, Scott's former next door neighbor Linda Gravel stops by to reconnect with Scott and reminiscence about his childhood.

I'm pretty sure Whitney found out about the drink every time she says Smegma game.

Also I am wasted.

• Like 2

After confirming there is no respect or justice for a regular working guy in this fuckin universe, the USS Raw Deal sails off into the center of the sun.

Next week, on Star Confirmation: Hooker Apes in Space

Lol at Gemberling plugging his character's bit because he was "boxed out by the quick patter" earlier and forced to talk about Stephen Avery.

Holland was busting me up too.

• Like 2

When I saw Gemberling was on I read it as Gabrus, so when the episode started and water was being poured I thought the gag was that Gino was finally quiet for a change.

When I saw Gemberling was on I read it as Gabrus

Ahh yes the Gabrus/Gemberling confusion ranks up there with the Paxton/Pullman phenomenom.

• Like 7

Gemberling getting flustered and trying to stay in character is always great. Mary's character was really funny and feels like one that could return even though she seems to only do one-offs. Fun episode all around.

• Like 4

Ordering tamales for lunch on Friday is probably the corniest thing I've said recently.

• Like 1

I will paypal $$$$ to whomever can guarantee I will never have to hear Scott's butterslurp sound effects again. They are truly, viscerally upsetting

funny episode all around tho

• Like 4

Ahh yes the Gabrus/Gemberling confusion ranks up there with the Paxton/Pullman phenomenom.

I'd also add Dermot Mulroney/Dylan McDermott to that

and Chris Rock/Richard Pryor... no?

-"I'll have a hundred during this year, but I mean you got a head start.."

-"On cable."

-"On cable, that's the other thing. And by the way fuck you!"

Some great UTU2TM level banter between Scott and John in this episode!

• Like 14

I know it's funnier if Scott has to explain his mistake every week, but he could just play that theme at the beginning and start asking people to submit closing up the plug bag themes.

• Like 2

I know it's funnier if Scott has to explain his mistake every week, but he could just play that theme at the beginning and start asking people to submit closing up the plug bag themes.

Stop with thaaaaaat

I've only heard Whitney Cummings interviewed a couple of times before, but the "ugh alt comedy people don't like me because of elitism" thing has always been just about the first thing to come up. It's a really weird chip to have on your shoulder if you always say "alt" as if you're spitting on the floo, and want nothing to do with that end of things. I don't get it.

• Like 5

I've only heard Whitney Cummings interviewed a couple of times before, but the "ugh alt comedy people don't like me because of elitism" thing has always been just about the first thing to come up. It's a really weird chip to have on your shoulder if you always say "alt" as if you're spitting on the floo, and want nothing to do with that end of things. I don't get it.

I don't take it that way, but I agree that it's kind of weird. Like, Scott wouldn't invite her if he didn't think she was a good fit for the show. I do feel like she's funnier/cooler than typical "mainstream" comics (or, say, than I would expect the creator of 2 Broke Girls to be).

• Like 6

Even though Whitney just stepped all over Gemberling's character, it ended up being hilarious. I think my favorite part was when Scott yelled 'Hey Shut up!" at him.

In addition to Jeff Dunham, let's also try to get fluffy as a guest.

• Like 6

Can we also get David Cross on as main guest, with Adomian as Larry the Cable guy?

James has taken a podcast hiatus unfortunately. I miss him.

James has taken a podcast hiatus unfortunately. I miss him.

Yeah, bummer, and I don't know why he's doing it. When he came by my city touring I happily paid money to see him purely based off of my fondness for his podcast appearances

• Like 1

my favorite thing about gemberling on the show is how much pleasure scott seems to take in fucking with him. his character was barely hanging by a thread anyways so scott and whitney ripping it apart and making him steven avery was so perfect.

• Like 7