🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 74 - The Church of Starbucks

A discussion about making and breaking habits takes a turn into Stephen's obsession with Seattle's most valuable coffee chain, and how that company should tweak their in-store operations.

Loved this episode and Stephen you are OhmyCD and James you are just plain nuts! Love you guys!

The minutiae of coffee shop behavior is somehow both incredibly mundane and incredibly interesting. In regard to what to do with the lid at the add-ins station, I'll sometimes hold it in my mouth even though that's kind of weird. Although I only add milk, so I generally don't bother stirring it in and therefore can get by with just one hand for pouring unless I'm holding something else.

I believe in stressing my immune system when given the opportunity so I am not too concerned with incidental exposure in restaurants. I do tend to keep the paper towel in my hand to open the door as I leave a washroom and I am very strict about cross contamination from any raw meat being handled in my own kitchen. I've recently started using a thermos which I myself clean for my Starbucks beverages while commuting, mostly to keep the coffee warm longer. Most of the Starbucks I frequent do seem to have a couple OCD employees who take quite good care of the condiment stations, it does seem to be built into the corporate culture.

Sign in to follow this