đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JackMeyers

The Voices (2014)

Ryan Reynolds makes a bizarre comedy (?) about a sad sack psycho who speaks to his cat (played by Reynolds imitating Shrek) and his dog (also played by Reynolds imitating Swingblade guy maybe) who kills and dismembers his English co worker. Then the movie goes on for another 100 minutes of tedium and craziness with Anna Kendrick trying her best to remember that the residuals from Twilight will pay the bills. I mumbled to myself over and over how the fuck did this get made! It is free everywhere, HULU, Amazon Prime, check it out.

This movie is fucking amazing and Reynolds is fantastic in it for the three parts that he has.

This movie is super dark. I had seen it a few years ago and idk why but I decided to watch it again today. I wouldn't say it's a great movie but it might be good for the podcast. It's hard to believe Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick signed on.  It's got choreographed pink forklifts that look like synchronized swimming in the middle of the movie and there is a dance number featuring Jesus driving one at the end. Yes that Jesus, on a pink forklift.

It’s a fucked-up, dark movie, but better than you might think (interesting footnote, the director was the Iranian-born graphic novelist—and co-director of the adaptation of Persepolis, her graphic novel—Marjane Satrapi. two WILDLY different films). In some ways, I was more impressed with Reynolds’ performance on this than in Deadpool (which I liked as well).

it would be interesting to hear their take on it, but—like I said—enjoyable for what it is.

By the way, it’s a movie about a serial killer with talking pets, talking dead people and at least one musical number. It’s a dark comedy for sure.