🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
IJoinedJustForThis

In memoriam of de facto defunct badmovies.org and HDTGM 103 - badmovies.org's Zardoz review.

http://www.badmovies.../movies/zardoz/

I feel like this belongs here, take the time to read it and I promise it's worth it. Sadly, the site itself hasn't been updated in years, and I don't care about the forum.

teaser quote:

NOTE: I am sick and tired of people saying that I "did not get" this film. I get the film. People are not meant to live forever. I "get it," okay? Your insistence that Boorman's story has more nuances than a bottle of 20-year cognac, and that I am a stupid ground-thumping gorilla needs a reality check. That reality check is the DVD's commentary track. Want to know something? Boorman does not "get it" either. Most of the commentary consists of stuff like, "The head itself is a model." or, "She was really looking forward to being raped by Sean Connery." He also devotes an enormous amount of effort to talking about how little money they had for the production. If you like the movie, that is well and good. If you see more to the story than the director himself expressed, that is also well and good. Just don't expect me to see those same invented meanings.

Sign in to follow this