🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DanEngler

Ask Paul!

Honestly I can't bear the the neighbors -- He was in on the joke at that point. The Room is perfect because he thought he was doing something very different than what he made and I'd argue that is why it is great, just like Birdemic

I totally agree, but I also feel the same way about Sharknado.

• Like 3

Honestly I can't bear the the neighbors -- He was in on the joke at that point. The Room is perfect because he thought he was doing something very different than what he made and I'd argue that is why it is great, just like Birdemic

From the various books that I've read on The Room, the screenplay was originally a book by Tommy, so I almost have to assume that it's the stuff that he had to cut, also the DVD is like that room where the sound level is negative 9 decibels and causes people to go crazy after extended periods of time inside it, as the intervals between bits as I really can't tell when one episode begins or ends, are filled with random gif images like if the director of Birdemic edited it together. Here is the only place I could find it online that shows how crazy it is.

Speaking of Birdemic, the director there fell into the same hole Tommy Wiseau did by completely trying to play into what inadvertently made his previous film work. It was so on the nose and winking at the camera that it was just flat our terrible, not funny terrible.

Also a quick question Paul, I know the whole crew is basically working on the Disaster Artist (congrats and when does it come out by the way?) so maybe you can answer this question. What do you know about the giant statue of pants hanging off the side of a building in front of a giant poster of The Room in San Francisco? This is across the street from a parking structure near Fisherman's Wharf. I was thinking it was the building Tommy used to own and run a pants warehouse out of but I can find no information for it online.

Hello Paul!

A few episodes back someone said that the unaired "Old Dogs" Pilot episode with Scott Aukerman as Guest was going to drop soon... Did I miss it or is it going to be available via Howl???

Thank you for your time and I hope this message finds you well!

No one can find it. We looked hard for it

No biggie... but I bet Engineer "Cody" Cody knows where it is because He found the CBB episode 274 Part2 (275) Now episode 300... Or maybe the episode is in the same place as the now found HDTGM "Mr. Nanny" Live! episode ;)

Thank you for responding twice!!! :D

this is more of a question about june but maybe paul can answer

i think we all love how june forgets all these movies but i was wondering, does she forget them after a certain time frame or is it only after she speaks about them on the podcast? is the podcast a way of purging the memories of the movies from her brain?

i ask cause if she saw bloodsport but never got to talk about it does that mean she will always remember it? not that anyone will be forgetting JCVD's buns anytime soon. ive seen them way too many times this week

Have you guys ever had any backlash, or awkward encounters, with any of the people involved in one of the movies you've done? I can't imagine bumping into the Hulkster would be pleasant.

Have you guys ever had any backlash, or awkward encounters, with any of the people involved in one of the movies you've done? I can't imagine bumping into the Hulkster would be pleasant.

2) After an episode has been released, and you run into someone who might have been involved with a movie you've covered, how is it typically received? Has anyone ever been super pissed, or do most people take it for the good-natured fun that it is? Have you ever been surprised by someone's take on the show? Obviously, any specifics are at your discretion.

The closest call I've had with someone was the director of ALL ABOUT STEVE, he directed an episode of Fresh Off The Boat. Super great dude and I think that because our show is done with positive vibes and not aggressively snarky. We get some leeway. And mostly the people involved on "bad" movies often know it and just can't admit it publicly.

Neal, I hope this answers your question. :)

• Like 1

Today I was talking to a friend and miss heard what they said and thought they said Hulk Hogan instead of Paul Hogan.

This got me thinking as In the past you used to do would this film be better with Nic cage in it, well do you think Crocodile Dundee woudl have been better with Hulk Hogan instead of Paul Hogan, it certainly woudl have been one hell of a different movie

• Like 1

Is there a movie that's really critically acclaimed that the three of y'all just don't like and would love to do on the podcast? For example, I didn't really care for Crash and then it goes and wins Best Picture at the Oscars! (Over the clearly superior Brokeback Mountain... I'm not bitter at all...)

• Like 1

Taylor - I didn't like Danish Girl

June's Memory - It's basically a 24-48hr window. She doesn't remember Gooby at all

The Disaster Artist - The Jean Company is covered in the book and in the movie. The film will be out later this year. I'm the DP (A combo of a few). Rogen and I are the crew members who basically watch in disbelief. Jason is one of the guys that rents the equipment to Tommy and June is from the Room.

• Like 4

June's Memory - It's basically a 24-48hr window. She doesn't remember Gooby at all

Is that just with movies? Or is it with life, too?

Do you have to make a tape like in that Adam Sandler movie to show her every 1-2 days to remind her that you guys are married?

Or, were you guys never really married and you just found someone with a rare disease and showed her a tape saying you were married?

• Like 1

The Disaster Artist - The Jean Company is covered in the book and in the movie. The film will be out later this year. I'm the DP (A combo of a few). Rogen and I are the crew members who basically watch in disbelief. Jason is one of the guys that rents the equipment to Tommy and June is from the Room.

Yeah I remember the jean company in the book but I couldn't particularly remember where Greg Sestero said it was located in San Francisco. It just completely caught me off guard as I parked my car and turned to see a giant poster of The Room behind an equally large statue of jeans on the side of a building.

Paul, Its a bit of a forlorn hope, I know, and also you've probably been asked this stacks of times before and I know you've mentioned it in passing a number of times too, but is there actually any chance of you doing a live show in the UK?

And if so then I know its a 99.9999% chance it'll be in London, which is fine I can get there handily enough, but in the unbelievably unlikely event of you considering of going for the 0.00009 or whatever % chance of somewhere else then make it Belfast as it will only be a 20 minute journey on the train to the city centre for me thanks.

I realise that its extremely selfish to ask and incredibly unlikely, but if you dont ask, you don't get and all that shit etc.

Paul,

Have you ever had one of those school-type nightmares about the show where you find yourself at live show and you aren't prepared to discuss the selected movie, so you have to wing it. Then you find out that you're supposed to take apart the Godfather or some other movie classic?

Re: Being Unprepared - The Episode with Owen Burke with JCVD and Rodman, I didn't have my notes and I couldn't remember the movie at all. That was the worst I ever got.

Re: London - The deal with London more has to do with Childcare. June and I could go to London but it would be a quick trip without the kids (I'm counting baby #2) or we bring the whole family there for a reason. Which seems like a lot of travel. So we are waiting for a perfect moment in time to do London shows. Perhaps when we are working there.

• Like 3

Hi Paul,

Not to get serious, and I promise I'm not asking to be a jerk, but...

Why are you doing Wendy's ads now?

A) It's beneath you. Wendy's is not a company that needs your endorsement. Everyone knows about them, and you don't get any cred from being associated with their brand. I'd be very surprised if there weren't other (much worthier) advertisers lining up for live read spots on a very popular podcast.

B) You may not know this, but they are currently being boycotted for undermining farm workers' human rights. (see link)

http://www.ciw-onlin...cott-of-wendys/

Please take a moment to peruse that link. I don't want to be a bummer, but it would really turn me off of the show if you were aware of this and still chose to accept their ad money.

Thanks,

Ma Brooklyn

Re: Being Unprepared - The Episode with Owen Burke with JCVD and Rodman, I didn't have my notes and I couldn't remember the movie at all. That was the worst I ever got.

Re: London - The deal with London more has to do with Childcare. June and I could go to London but it would be a quick trip without the kids (I'm counting baby #2) or we bring the whole family there for a reason. Which seems like a lot of travel. So we are waiting for a perfect moment in time to do London shows. Perhaps when we are working there.

Another one?! Congratulations to the both of you.

I suppose that makes you some sort of Sam Hell of Hollywood or something, you fecund old bugger you.

• Like 1

Hey Paul!

My wife and I just watched the Fresh off the Boat episode "Gotta Be Me," in which Randall Park's character finds a trove of 80s/90s action movies stashed under his bed. I noticed something curious about the VHS tapes -- two of the most prominently displayed (Masters of the Universe and Bloodsport) were covered by HDTGM. Is this a coincidence, or a sly nod from the Fresh off the Boat writers?

• Like 2

More of a suggestion (expectation hope?) than a question, but I'll phrase it as a question a la Jeopardy:

Do you think you could throw in a quick blurb either in the HDTGM podcast or the text description for the episode that mentions whether/where the movie can be found streaming anywhere (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/HBO/etc.)? I think it'd be helpful for people who might want to find the movie after listening to the show. Confirmation that the movie can/can't be streamed on those sites would be helpful for us lazy folks.

Also, I feel like this is an exploitable revenue stream for you guys. I feel like you could cut a deal with The Canon Group, etc. whenever you cover one of their movies and collect a commission if you can convince Netflix to pick up the distribution rights due to a spike in interest from HDTGM.

More of a suggestion (expectation hope?) than a question, but I'll phrase it as a question a la Jeopardy:

Do you think you could throw in a quick blurb either in the HDTGM podcast or the text description for the episode that mentions whether/where the movie can be found streaming anywhere (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/HBO/etc.)?

only of use if youre in the US but ...

http://www.canistream.it/

and paul usually gives a few options when he announces the movie in the mini

• Like 1

Paul, this is more of an ask June but maybe you can pass it along. June did a series of interviews for "Grace and Frankie" while in NYC. (Example.) What color and brand of lipstick is she wearing? I want to buy it. She looks gorgeous.

• Like 3

Paul, this is more of an ask June but maybe you can pass it along. June did a series of interviews for "Grace and Frankie" while in NYC. (Example.) What color and brand of lipstick is she wearing? I want to buy it. She looks gorgeous.

I also need this information!

• Like 1

I never even noticed this thread was here.

One thing I've wondered recently when I've been listening to the live shows. Has there ever been any incidents where an audience member has either heckled, or just gotten a little too enthusastic and didn't know when to shut up and ended up having to be edited out of the podcast?

• Like 1

I also need this information!

It's MUFE 33 - Satin Fresh Pink.