🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DanEngler

Ask Paul!

Paul, taylorannephoto and I are having a fight. What Hogwarts House would June be sorted into?

I have a feeling June's response to this would be the same as if you asked what her favorite video game is.

• Like 4

^ Seems like a question for the Zouks. He's a known Harry potter fan.

• Like 3

Well if Jason comes around I'd like to know for certain what his house is too. I'm really thinking he's a Ravenclaw.

• Like 1

Well if Jason comes around I'd like to know for certain what his house is too. I'm really thinking he's a Ravenclaw.

Not Slytherin?

• Like 1

Not Slytherin?

That was my second thought, but I think he's a Ravenclaw with Slytherin tendencies. Like how Neville is a Gryffindor with Hufflepuff tendencies (like me too).

Paul, Jason, June, we need to know your Hogwarts Houses. IT IS TEARING THE FORUMS APART.

And then let us know your Divergent factions. Amiright?

tom-brady-left-hanging-gifs.gif

• Like 7

And then let us know your Divergent factions. Amiright?

Thanks to CBB episode #300 I know that Jason read the Divergent books...

• Like 2

Thanks to CBB episode #300 I know that Jason read the Divergent books...

What are these books all about? The description makes them sound super nerdy. Reception for the film adaptations looks good financially, but the RT feedback is a solid downward trend from film to film.

Been listening for a long time now and simply LOVE spending my work day with HDTGM.

I have a queggestion. After listening to the latest episode about Gods of Egypt, you guys went into some actual great discussion on what makes a film great. I think it would be cool to have a "Palate Cleanser" episode every once in awhile where you guys talk about a GOOD movie, and why you like it and what makes it good.

Just a thought. Keep doing what you're doing.

• Like 1

Hi am I going crazy or did paul mention a comedy central pilot in the mini, I listened again but I totally missed it doesn't anyone have the link?

Hi am I going crazy or did paul mention a comedy central pilot in the mini, I listened again but I totally missed it doesn't anyone have the link?

its called Bad Boys and it's on adult swim

http://www.adultswim.com/misc/pilots/

there's a drop down menu on the page where you can select one of the four pilots. its very good. the characterisations are hilarious

its called Bad Boys and it's on adult swim

http://www.adultswim.com/misc/pilots/

there's a drop down menu on the page where you can select one of the four pilots. its very good. the characterisations are hilarious

Thank you so much, the pilot's awesome.

• Like 1

Hi Paul I'm sure you'll pick it up when you do it anyway but strigoi is pronounced like struh-goy.

Hey Paul

Firstly my name actually is Bella (although I did go through an embarrassing Twilight faze in my teens). Secondly you beyond made my day, I'm currently an aid worker in rural Cambodia which most of the time it's super rewarding but sometimes you just spend your days dealing with basically the worst things you can possibly imagine, and it can be really hard to be positive and keep going on those days.

I put this on when I got home to try and cheer myself up a little bit and hearing me mentioned on a podcast I've been listening to every week for four years for something as stupid about knowing a lot about a book I read when I was 15, totally made up for my really shitty day and makes it a lot easier to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Thanks Paul

• Like 11

I put this on when I got home to try and cheer myself up a little bit and hearing me mentioned on a podcast I've been listening to every week for four years for something as stupid about knowing a lot about a book I read when I was 15,

knowing stupid things about other stupid things is what keeps this thread fuelled up ... well done bella .. on everything.

• Like 4

Not technically a question, Paul, but yet another take on the term "Bobo".

When I first heard June use the term, I knew exactly what it meant because I'd heard the term before, specifically while watching the Japanese Anime "Tranzor Z". "Tranzor Z" aired in the U.S. in the late 70's/Early 80's and it (predictably) centered on giant Mecha War Robots piloted by cool animated action heroes. These heroes had a big dumb friend named "Bobo", and at one point Bobo decided he was going to build his own giant robot. After building a really goofy looking "Mech" of his own, he christened it "Bobo-bot". Bobo-bot was an inferior, cheap, goofy looking knock-off of the cool original Giant Robot Samurai.

Obviously that's not where June learned the term, but it's cool that a Japanese cartoon got the term right even before she was born. BTW, If you Google the words "Tranzor Z Bobobot" you can see what he looked like.

Hi Paul,

Loved the Eric Red coverage. I just want to point out some of his amazing other works. He wrote the Hitcher! Bad Moon! Cohen and Tate! AND, if you haven't seen 100 Feet, you will really like it.

Thanks for everything you do

I just saw that Escape From New York is getting re-done with Robert Rodriguez, prompting me to ask: How about a spinoff-of-sorts within the HDTGM universe called "How Did This Get Re-made?" that focuses solely on awful/ill-advised reboots?

• Like 2

Paul, I have fallen down an internet rabbit hole and discovered David Yost was the location manager for BURNING LOVE and NTS:SD:SUV. Does that mean you know the Blue Ranger? This is very important to 10-year-old me.

• Like 3

Hey Paul! I was wondering seeing if you could explain where the first name Hummy came from your explanation it would be like you being called Hummy Man?

Also, are there any movies or conversations you guys avoid because your friends were in terrible movies?