🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 31 — Happy Black Friday!

The day after Thanksgiving, most people are too hung-over and full to do anything hilarious. This is not true for Michael Cera, James Adomian, Jimmy Pardo, Nick Kroll, and Paul F. Tompkins. Also, Harris is there. Learn about the history of Thanksgiving from the always insightful Huel Howser, hear what the hip Jersey kids are doing this Thanksgiving via Bobby Bottleservice, and experience the brainstorming of two great minds as Scott Aukerman and Ice T do some business planning.

• Like 1

One of the best episodes. On re-listen, I think I get why Bobby Bottleservice recognizes Huell Howser as 'the guy from the Mark Spitz plays'. It must be a reference to Hal Holbrook, who did the Mark Twain monologues... Maybe it's obvious, but that one sailed over my head when I listened to CDR as a young naive lad of 2009.

Replace Michael Cera and Jimmy Pardo with Adam Scott and Andy Daly, and this is the perfect CDR/CBB episode (no offense to MC or JP - they were good guests).

I just love reliving the origin story of the Foam Corner.

• Like 3

I'm loving revisiting these earlier episodes. Also, someone (engineer Joe?) seems to be dying while Harris reads his inaugural Foam Corner sniglets. It's amazing.

Overall this is a great episode. Any with Huell is a joy. I'd like to see Michael Cera come on again too. (with Clarke Duke please),

Overall this is a great episode. Any with Huell is a joy. I'd like to see Michael Cera come on again too. (with Clarke Duke please),

Maybe he'll be on to promote 'Arrested Development' in May. He's kind of laid low for a couple years.

The Black Friday show and all the guests are white. Just another instance of the man keeping a brother off the (internet) radio.

• Like 2

The slow realization and subsequent discomfort-based laughing based around Bobby saying "n***er Friday" is so goddamned funny.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this