🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 128.5 - Minisode 128.5

Following the musical theme, our next movie selection is a classic disco/rock opera. This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Streets of Fire and gives a couple of recommendations for fans of VR and food in another edition Paul’s Pick of the Week. Plus, Paul shares which film role Rick Moranis would knock out of the park as he answers your Qs!

Don’t forget to check out Blake Harris’ Oral History of Streets of Fire over at www.slashfilm.com!

HDTGM: LIVE! returns to Largo at the Coronet on March 19th at 7pm and 9:30pm! Get your tickets now over at www.largo-la.com!

Get yourself a BB-8 “What Is Its Mission?” T-shirt or Tote Bag over at http://howdidthisget....bigcartel.com/! People of the internet: Watch Paul in Fresh off the Boat on ABC and a while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to https://itun.es/us/3M4J9 now to buy it! You can also see Jason in Transparent on Amazon and in Dirty Grandpa in a theater near you! Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, and in all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

The Apple is a hard movie to find if you don't have Amazon Prime. There's only one torrent of the movie but it's the Rifftrax version.

One of the main actors in The Apple was in a Kitchen Nightmares episode.

The Apple is a hard movie to find if you don't have Amazon Prime. There's only one torrent of the movie but it's the Rifftrax version.

yeah, i asked on another thread if anyone knew if it was on another site somewhere. its not even on prime over here. the dvd is €94!!!!

Said it a couple other places, but if Paul is reading this as well -- I moderate the Earwolf subreddit, and we would love to have Paul on for an AMA. Let me know either on Twitter or by messaging me here, but we can get him started whenever he's ready (although we have a couple more lined up, not sure how soon he wants to do it, but regardless we can figure it out)

• Like 2

"But I'm finding that the earwolf forums kind of suck"

79Mci5C.gif

• Like 8

I had a feeling that Paul was a Mastodon fan when he said "You in the Mastodon shirt" at one of the live shows.

Xu4ic6t.gif

• Like 4

I am really looking forward to this episode. I feel like it could lead to Jason's loudest "WHAT IS HAPPENING?" ever.

It also let me know that the HDTGM crew are true professionals. I am not sure which live show was recorded first but I would have either had to jump ahead to The Apple or circle back to it during Streets of Fire. But they stayed focused on the task at hand.

It was on Netflix for years, and I didn't check it out, but then I finally want to watch it...

It is on Epix. You might want to see if you can get a free 30 day trial of Epix streaming. I don't know if you can get around region restrictions, but it's worth a shot.

Oh my baby Jesus I haven't even gotten through the whole trailer and I'm wondering if anyone ever told these people how flat they were?! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it past any of the singing while watching this.

I have never tried this movie streaming club, but they are doing The Apple on Thursday. I am not sure if it is a shared screen experience or what, but if you are desperate it's worth trying out.

Here is the link to the hangout

http://cytu.be/r/MovieClub

Oh my baby Jesus I haven't even gotten through the whole trailer and I'm wondering if anyone ever told these people how flat they were?! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it past any of the singing while watching this.

Even with amazing lyrics like "WHOOOOAAAAAAA CRAZY APPLE"?

Even with amazing lyrics like "WHOOOOAAAAAAA CRAZY APPLE"?

Shit you're right I can't ignore how brilliant those lyrics are. My ears will just have to bleed if they must in order to experience that stunning writing.

• Like 1

At this point, I think a regular segment of the mini-episodes should be "Cameron H. Writes," complete with it's own theme song.

You do good work, sir.

• Like 4

At this point, I think a regular segment of the mini-episodes should be "Cameron H. Writes," complete with it's own theme song.

You do good work, sir.

Thank you! You're far too kind :)

yeah, i asked on another thread if anyone knew if it was on another site somewhere. its not even on prime over here. the dvd is €94!!!!

$56 at the cheapest on Amazon, not streaming anywhere.

Welp, guess I'm not watching the movie for this week.

I would definitely like to hear this movie get a T-Pain autotune remix "Take the apple *shawtay*"

• Like 3

The doc Electric Boogaloo really shined some light into the immortal question "How Did This Get Made?"

It is on Epix. You might want to see if you can get a free 30 day trial of Epix streaming. I don't know if you can get around region restrictions, but it's worth a shot.

I have never tried this movie streaming club, but they are doing The Apple on Thursday. I am not sure if it is a shared screen experience or what, but if you are desperate it's worth trying out.

https://www.reddit.c...ebruary_4th_to/

Here is the link to the hangout

http://cytu.be/r/MovieClub

cheers, will check them out.

I used to think that Chicago was the worst musical, plot wise, but holy shit does the Apple take the cake for both singing and plot. Also, whenever you guys see this movie ask yourself this question, how the fuck does the main couple have a baby that looks like he's three years old after only being away from the main society for only a year?

Can anyone else not get "Hey Hey Hey BIM's on the way" out of their heads?

Did anyone catch the who the woman was that Alfie was living with? At first I thought it was his mother, but then there was that bizarre tit grab scene.

Also jesus fuck, why didn't they just call the song "Speed" "Cocaine", you're not fooling anyone.

I used to think that Chicago was the worst musical, plot wise, but holy shit does the Apple take the cake for both singing and plot. Also, whenever you guys see this movie ask yourself this question, how the fuck does the main couple have a baby that looks like he's three years old after only being away from the main society for only a year?

I might need you to explain to me why you think Chicago was the worst musical, plot wise, lol

• Like 2

I might need you to explain to me why you think Chicago was the worst musical, plot wise, lol

I saw the movie, and it felt to me that there was about 15 minutes of story stretched out into 2 hours. It was a technically well-made film of course, but I was totally bored throughout. I don't specifically remember if the songs added a lot to the story, but my problem with a lot of the recent film musicals I've seen is that they do not. Things happen, and there's a 10 minute number about the thing that just happened. Wash, rinse, repeat. Seems to happen a lot in ones where they're reappropriating classic songs and just riding that gimmick into the ground.