🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 399 - Trump vs. Bernie

It took me awhile to get to the bernie and Trump material and oh man that was amazing.

James was just fine but this Anthony guy blew him out of the water in my eyes. I hadn't heard his Trump before, and I guess I wasn't expecting much because everyone does a Trump, but good god that was dead on and hilarious.

I think what makes his Trump so good is that he speaks like Trump, but he isn't relying on the same 5 phrases over and over again like the average Trump impression does.

I have probably listened to the bernie and trump sections 5 times already this past weekend, excellent episode and definitely in my top 10. It managed to fit in so much of what I find hilarious about CBB, had insane charac guests and an old comedy name trolling the show with his old TV references

• Like 3

some of you guys are nuts, Gilbert was great and his interruptions towards the end with the old sitcom plots were the high point of the episode. Adomian's off-mic laughter confirms this.

• Like 5

I was expecting Gilbert to be overbearing in this episode after reading all of these comments but it was all overblown. Did he derail it a bit? Yeah but it was still hilarious. I loved James' off mic laughter and it reminds me how much I miss him. Trump and Bernie are great and I hope they come back soon.

• Like 1

Scott and PFT have done their fair share of old-episode-referencing, esp on the Best Of's. Gilbert might actually top both of them in terms of his recall.

The ultimate would be an ep with Scott, PFT as Alan Thicke and Gilbert going nuts.

The universe is collapsing.

Got tickets for the second round of Trump v Bernie in Boston, I am hoping this Jesse Ventura thing continues to gain steam. I'm thinking its possible this turns into a Bernie/Jesse vs Trump

Still a little confused about the Adomian not doing podcasts comments above.

I like Gilbert and listen to his podcast sometimes, although it gets tedious sometimes. If you want old references and just a straight down-the-rabbit hole thing, listen to the Billy West one. http://www.gilbertpodcast.com/billy-west/

I did like the opening segment with Gilbert and the episode overall and I'm glad that he did it, but I'm also ok with Gilbert never being on again.

I do wish that Trump and Bernie had more room to get going and play around. Especially Bernie.

Also would have liked Gilbert with Gino, as it could have cemented that-kind-of-show status for good.

Since the release of the Trump Vs. Bernie Brooklyn album, you can really tell how coarse their voices became since this ep...after months of doing this act.

I can't believe how many people are so sensitive on this forum. Gilbert is not for the faint of heart! He is a no holds barred comedian. I know he doesn't always say what he is suppose to but ....God, how boring would life be if everyone did that? I am a huge Gilbert fan and the biggest fan of this podcast and I was just so pumped that these two alternative comedy entities finally met .. Just really disappointed how people with no sense of humour have such a strong voice on a comedy bang bang forum .. All four people on this podcast were brilliantly funny! And uhh.. I need to get a life and stop typing this long ass comment... One of my favourite episodes ever!!