đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 225 - The Jug-Galos with Murder by Death

Indie-rock band Murder by Death joins improvisers John Gemberling, Gil Ozeri and Mookie Blaiklock for a special music episode of improv4humans with Matt Besser. Their songs inspire scenes about a man who confesses how he really feels about his friends during his fever dreams and two toddlers who escape their crazy fathers to start a life of their own in New York City. Also, a travelling jug band struggles with their newly purchased haunted car that once killed several deer. Sign up for Seeso.com to watch Besser’s new stand-up special “Besser Breaks the Record” and “The UCB Show,” which were filmed live in UCBLA.

Holy goddamn shit!!! Murder by Death?! Matty B, you've gotta be kidding me! One of my all-time favs!

• Like 3

Engineer Brett is like Earwolf's own personal Phil Spector, minus the murdering.

You don't know that.

• Like 9

I don't know Shampoodler, Stard been killing it lately.

• Like 2

You don't know that.

I don't know Shampoodler, Stard been killing it lately.

Ha ha! I love you buddy!

• Like 2

Brett continues to kill it. Such fantastic work.

You don't know that.

"I'm gonna engineer... your death... with my, blade?"

• Like 3

Murder By Death is a pretty huge get.

I wish Elliott Smith would un-die so he could be a guest.

• Like 1

Another excellent musical episode. I've downloaded and cut out basically all of the recordings that have been done on this podcast and thrown them into my music collection just because they sound better than live shows. Pretty essential to any fans of the bands. I4H is becoming the best comedy podcast and the best live music podcast out there.

And Besser's not desperate to plug Seeso, but I'm desperate for Seeso to come to Canada damn it! Thankfully they've told me they're working on it, but browsing through the selection it really does look like it's worth every penny.

• Like 1

Preview of Besser's next Seeso plug

jk Besser. Seeso is a sweet deal, I actually signed up last week.

Holy shit that band is great. Hadn't heard them before and they sound great. I love the musical episodes.

I remember being just out of college, hanging out with my best friend, listening to Murder By Death. This takes me back.

Also, that first scene being an improvised slasher movie was just awesome to me.

It's been a long time since I've laughed this hard. The wife who wouldn't let her husband finish eating breakfast was the tipping point. Just nonstop giggling from that point forward.

Also, I'd never heard Murder By Death before, and that first song they played was gorgeous. Matt's bringing his A game with the musical guests these days.

• Like 1

During the first ad break, Besser accidentally conflated his Seeso and Howl shows and called it "Besser Breaks the Audience". He really needs to make that as his next special.

• Like 2

I hope Besser other podcast doesn't stop him from arguing with the audience on THIS podcast, that's one of the best parts.

Also that 'No Oath, No Spell' song is really good

During the first ad break, Besser accidentally conflated his Seeso and Howl shows and called it "Besser Breaks the Audience". He really needs to make that as his next special.

I now have a mental image of Besser grabbing a random comedy nerd and giving him a Bane-style backbreaker.

Bane_breaks_Batman.png

• Like 2