🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 291 - The Beauty of the Shakespeare

Legendary professional wrestler Diamond Dallas Page joins Randy and Jason on Sklarbro Country's Wrestling Week. Diamond describes the captivating and intricate history of a professional wrestler and how he helped inspire other wrestlers. He also discusses how his own modified yoga, called DDP yoga, improved his body after years of a physically demanding career. Later, the Sklars call Johnny Depp to ask how he gets into character.

I grew up watching wrestling because my dad did. He eventually had a talk with me similar to the Santa Claus talk, explaining that it wasn't real, "You see when he punches the guy in the face how he also stomps on the ring and makes a loud noise?" etc. Being an overly logical 7 or 8 year old, I wasn't too interest in it after that. My favorite was Dusty Rhodes, though, without a doubt. Little did I know I'd grow up to resemble him more than any other wrestler, I guess that's why I loved him. Since the 'old guard' has stopped wrestling I haven't really followed it at all, but I remember over 10 years ago when the game show The Weakest Link was a thing, and they had on Stone Cold, (I think) The Rock, and a bunch of other current wrestlers and I almost turned it off because I didn't want to hear the big dumb jocks talk. I ended up watching it and was amazed by how FUNNY these people were! Then through being addicted to all of Kevin Smith's podcasts I heard about Mick Foley (who was also on the game show) and all his incredible work with RAINN and everything else he did/does. Then I started hearing wrestlers on your show, and every one I hear just amazes me at the genuine good these people are doing for humanity, and how talented, funny, intelligent, etc, etc they are. Every time you guys have someone on from that world it's a great episode. I had no childhood connection at all with Roddy Piper, but when I saw the headlines the morning he died it hurt like it was someone I'd been a fan of for life just because of hearing his episode. Hopefully there's many more wrestling weeks to come. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

I know very little about wrestling and even less about yoga, but now I'm seriously considering checking out DDP's program. His enthusiasm is just inspiring and infectious.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this