🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

Episode 65 - Election

Paul Rust of LOVE on Netflix joins Devin & Amy this week to nominate the Alexander Payne 1999 film Election into The Canon! The movie stars Matthew Broderick as Jim McAllister, a popular high school social studies teacher in suburban Omaha, Nebraska, and Reese Witherspoon as Tracy Flick, around the time of the school's student body election. When Tracy qualifies to run for class president, McAllister believes she does not deserve the title and tries his best to stop her from winning. Tune in to hear why Pau l believes this film should be in the canon -- and head to the forums on Wolfpop to cast the deciding vote!

this was the greatest episode of The Canon in my opinion.

talking about comedy brings comedy, and Paul Rust's voice instantly garners a smile every time I hear it.

<3

I want Devin and Amy's opinions on LOVE after finishing the season! The talk of the first episode was nice.

Election is one of my favorite movies, and I'm happy to find out that I wasn't alone in feeling like it captured the essence of high school (during the nineties) perfectly. Agreed in this being one of the best episodes to date.

I absolutely love Alexander Payne. His direction in About Schmidt, his vignette in Paris, Je Taime, and Sideways is so amazing. Need to see Election for sure. What sticks out to me in everything he does is that inevitable moment there is a close up of a face that sticks with me forever.

Need to see Election for sure. What sticks out to me in everything he does is that inevitable moment there is a close up of a face that sticks with me forever.

Are you SURE you haven't seen Election? Your last sentence especially suggests that A) you have, but you've forgotten that you have, or B ) you are in for a treat, real early.

I'm sure it's the latter. Sideways is #2 on my favorite movies list. I've never been disappointed by Alexander Payne, that's for sure.

Just read this affecting piece:

Apparently it was on during this Canon Inducted movie! Fascinating, if sad read.

Sign in to follow this