🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jay Baker

Dreamscape (1984)

Bumping this thread as there is an incredible amount of crazy in this movie along with a lot of terrible CGI. Psychic Dennis Quaid travels into people's dreams as part of a secret science program and it gets crazier from there. One dream he enters basically amounts to a guy catching his wife cheating on him with his brother, a group of 5-6 other guys who hide under the bed, a priest watching from the curtains, and all in front of the couples young kids, and this is played off as totally not fucking crazy. This needs to be done.

Bumping this thread as there is an incredible amount of crazy in this movie along with a lot of terrible CGI.

Is it CG? I don't remember this film very well, even though it was one of my favorite rentals as a kid, but the snakeman was definitely stop motion.

CGI in the sense of green screen for certain parts mixed with 80s stop motion. Snakeman was very Clash of the Titans.

Oh yeah..it's time to do this shit show!!

It was on cable last night. I can't believe I'd never seen this movie!

I can't believe this cast:

Dennis Quaid

Max von Sydow

Christopher Plummer

Eddie Albert

Kate Capshaw

What the hell did all these people think they were signing on for?

The effects were so fucking bonkers. Just wow!

The really crazy thing to think about is that this movie, with it's godawful effects, came out the same year as Terminator. And, according to the internets, it cost TWICE as much to make.

• Like 2

The really crazy thing to think about is that this movie, with it's godawful effects, came out the same year as Terminator. And, according to the internets, it cost TWICE as much to make.

That's completely insane! The effects are absolutely embarrassing.

Sign in to follow this