🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 405 - Space Chemistry

The dynamic duo Jillian Bell and Charlotte Newhouse of Idiotsitter on Comedy Central join Scott on a new Comedy Bang! Bang! Jillian and Charlotte talk space, Hope Floats, having chemistry while at The Groundlings, and their favorite TV show of all time. Then, Star Wars aficionados Irvin Kershner and Sir Alec Guinness stop by to get the CBB bump for the home release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and answer all Star Wars related questions.

I havent listened yet so maybe I'm wrong, but I think its a travesty that Jillian didnt do any charac work, she's so damn funny on Workaholics. Definitely an up and comer

• Like 5

What is with movie editors these days? The guys on CBB keep talking about fillums with a cut to, or a fade in, or even a smash cut. And that's great and all but how about a nice star wipe every once in a while?!?

• Like 4

This line up gave me an inside boner. Haven't listened yet, but couldn't resist being the first reply.

All this talk about "space head" is giving me an outside boner.

• Like 1

I just looked up the trailer for Kind Hearts & Coronets. They use the N-word in the trailer. In the trailer! Basically, this sleepy English manners comedy about murder is no less edgy than Straight Outa Compton.

"What's the last thing you remember?" "Dying."

Gourley is always so quick with things, it blows my mind and fills the cavity with chuckles.

• Like 8

I just looked up the trailer for Kind Hearts & Coronets. They use the N-word in the trailer. In the trailer! Basically, this sleepy English manners comedy about murder is no less edgy than Straight Outa Compton.

I think it might have been on last week's Spont, not sure, but Paul mentioned that they did the same thing in the Bad News Bears trailer, and it's a little kid who says it. What the fuck?

I think it might have been on last week's Spont, not sure, but Paul mentioned that they did the same thing in the Bad News Bears trailer, and it's a little kid who says it. What the fuck?

Definitely could have been there too, but I believe they got into bad news bears talk on a recent never not funny and discussed that the N word was casually thrown around in that movie, which was shocking to me

Definitely could have been there too, but I believe they got into bad news bears talk on a recent never not funny and discussed that the N word was casually thrown around in that movie, which was shocking to me

Hmm, pretty sure this was brought up in last Monday's episode with Adam Scott.

• Like 2

I havent listened yet so maybe I'm wrong, but I think its a travesty that Jillian didnt do any charac work, she's so damn funny on Workaholics. Definitely an up and comer

She was (maybe) trying with the Belgian milkmaid and no one went along with it!

Anyway, really funny episode, I love when first-timers immediately mesh with Scott and the characters. My favorite moment might have been Matt's semi-off-mic laugh at Scott saying "Onionhead", because it was such a perfectly Gourley reference.

• Like 2

Jillian makes me laugh almost every single time she speaks in Workaholics, so it was really nice to find out that she's delightful in an interview. Everyone was great in this episode and like Kickpuncher said above, it's very enjoyable when new guests mesh with the show so well. I also loved the Grandma Tarkin reference, since that was Gourley's unfinished business as Ian Fleming two Christmasses ago.

• Like 2

They have so much space chemistry they're basically like Walter White over here.

Space Walter White...maybe Walter Degrasse White?

• Like 1

When I saw the character listing the the descrip my hopes were high, and they delivered. I giggled like a moron at the Obi-HWANN bits.

Real Talk, Earwolfians

If you are a CBB fan and have not yet jumped into the Superego Universe, do not hesitate any longer!

Here's my origin story:

I first heard the name Matt Gourley with the release of the first eps of the ADPPP at the end of 2013. I had heard mention of this Superego but had no idea what it really was. But gosh darned if Matt didn't blow my freakin mind with his improv and voices and characters on the ADPPP. So I jumped into Superego which was probably in the 3rd season. As it turns out, IT'S LITERALLY THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!

Hopefuly I'm mainly preaching to the choir, here, but again, if not, you should check em out. The exclusive HowlApp content; Forgotten Classics and Superego Cinema are freakin' homeruns too!

If you're already a fan don't forget about Gourley and McConville's newest colab - Pistol Shrimps Radio, which is just as hilarious as everything else they've ever done.

Happy 10 year anniversary to all the Superego players!

(PS - New ep out today!)

• Like 6

My mouth is downright watering just thinking about all that Superego. Can't wait to dive in

• Like 3