🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
OfficerMooney

Pan (2015)

Has there been a recent live action re-imagining of a classic fairy tale that has actually done well critically or at the box office, outside of the recent Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland? This there was another Peter Pan movie a few years prior that tanked, and I have a bad feeling that the new Jungle Book films, which there are two within the next year) are not going to do well with all the CGI and big name actors that they are using in them, making the budgets bigger.

Holy shit I have dismissed this movie as just your run-of-the-mill trash since it came out. That smells like teen spirit clip just blew my fucking mind... Even reading the title I figured 'oh this must be some funny mashup' NOPE. PURE BANANAS. Whart?!

Has there been a recent live action re-imagining of a classic fairy tale that has actually done well critically or at the box office, outside of the recent Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland? This there was another Peter Pan movie a few years prior that tanked, and I have a bad feeling that the new Jungle Book films, which there are two within the next year) are not going to do well with all the CGI and big name actors that they are using in them, making the budgets bigger.

I think it's possible that Peter Pan isn't AS beloved of a property as they'd have us think. I didn't care for "Hook", but it at least had a lot going for it in terms of who was involved and who was hot at the time, and that seems to be the only really successful Peter Pan sequel/prequel/reimagining/remake/etc. in the last few decades. I guess the live TV special a couple years back did all right, but it didn't really do any better or worse than similar specials that have aired.

After finally watching that clip, I can say it wasn't so bad as much as it was out of place. That would almost feel more acceptable if it was in a Mad Max film, which seems like the look that they were going for with that intro to Blackbeard, but considering it's a Victorian era film where music wasn't much more than either an orchestra playing or one guy solemnly blowing a trumpet, it's very odd.

Went into this thinking "how bad could it be?". Well let me tell you, it's worse than you thought. 

Hugh Jackman really will take any opportunity he can to sing, even if that costs making sense

My friend told me Hugh Jackman died making this movie so I walked around thinking he was legit dead for two years and every movie he made was just bomb CGI. It looked so horrible that she convinced herself he was in the throws of death, and after watching just the trailer, I was like yah, this checks. 

Sign in to follow this