🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 406 - Kid Detectives II

Now that it's been mentioned on three episodes (by three separate characters), can "The Carrot, the Whip, and the Nae-Nae" be a t-shirt?

I must have missed the other times this came up. Which episodes, and when?

The two most recent episodes with Lauren, I think. Sorry, I don't have a time stamp.

Wow, I honestly didn't realize I would piss so many people off when I asked that question and expressed my opinion. Yeesh.

Wow, I honestly didn't realize I would piss so many people off when I asked that question and expressed my opinion. Yeesh.

Don't play coy

Lauren Lapkus has obviously been established on the show for a long time as having great chemistry with Scott, so it's always good times to hear her on the show, and Thomas Middleditch is an amazing ball of talent. Can't go wrong with these guys.

"These guys" = two words. The next clue is in Alaska!

Scott: "I feel like we're not getting to these Ireland Facts"

Nice

Bow bow bow bow

Well it's the Ireland Facts and we're going downtown

Going to County Cork now

Everybody do you jigs and know your limericks

There's sheep and peat and lots of pubs

Get a pint at a pub

Then go walk in front of the Blarney Stone

Ireland Facts

Take out ya diiiick

Check out the facts it's the Ireland Facts

Lad

Good stuff. Thanks for the Ireland Facts... Lad.

6ttydZV.jpg

"hmmm, does Billy 'like me' like me? Has our father been murdered?"

"I dunno, sis. Let's ...[rattle rattle] consult the bones!"

From the makers of the Magic 8-Ball - it's Consult the Bones by Parker Brothers, America's number one maker of

board-games-slash-juvenile-dark-magic.

"Does sleeping with my butt in the air cause the Cat in the Hat to sneak into our home at night?"

"Great question! Let's scatter a collection of our biological mother's bones and interpret them to divine secrets from the past, present and fuuuuuture!"

Got a burning question? Need a clue to solve that big case? Consult the bones! -Available at most major retailers.

This is really awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Impressive how official you made the box & logo look. Can't wait to play the game!

Big ups Klem!

So cool. If I got props from Thomas Middleditch on Twitter, I'd take a week vacation in the Bahamas to celebrate.

Also, big ups to Klems of all Stars and Stripes.

I just googled 'consult the bones' for fun. Apparently, it's a quote from the classic fantasy film, Willow. That's a deep cut from Tommy MiddleD

Knowing how awesome Middleditch is, you're probably right that he was directly referencing Willow (which is an awesome movie) with how specifically he used "consult" the bones, although the whole concept of "throwing" and "reading" the bones is a real thing that happened in ancient cultures (it might even still be done in voodoo type stuff). I think there was a scene about it with the witch in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as well, although that came out years after Willow.

If anyone hasn't seen Willow, I highly recommend watching it. Val Kilmer in his glory years, and some awesome character names, along with a fair amount of unintentionally funny lines.

Bottom line is that Thomas Middeditch is freaking hilarious and amazingly quick-witted though, so you're probably spot on about him referencing Willow. He's been great since he first came on Comedy Bing-Bongs. His Joey Tortellini character instantly shot to the top of my list when he came on the show last year (James Adomian and Andy Daly used to dominate my favorite characters list). I know he had been doing improv for years before that, but I didn't know much about him before Silicon Balley's.

;)

I'd say if you went out of your way to post about the fact you "Hated" the first Kid Detectives episode under the guise of asking people if it was any better, you sort of knew what you were getting into. That being said, I didn't really see that many people who were pissed off. I think they were more pointing out the fact you're in the minority of CBB fans when it comes to liking/disliking the Irish twins.

Also, next time you want to know whether you should listen to an episode ahead of time, I'd recommend going to Alaska to search for clues first.

This is really awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Impressive how official you made the box & logo look. Can't wait to play the game!

Whoah. I had no idea Tommy Middle-D quoted this on Twitter. I'd print & frame it if it wouldn't look kinda sad.

It would.

Whoah. I had no idea Tommy Middle-D quoted this on Twitter. I'd print & frame it if it wouldn't look kinda sad.

It would.

No way, you should ABSOLUTELY print it and frame it. Just make sure it's one of those super cheap frames from IKEA or Marshalls or something though.