🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 8 — Sucker Punch

Zack Snyder made a two hour music video called Sucker Punch and we're here to tell you why you shouldn't see it. Paul, Jason, June and Chelsea Peretti fought fate to watch this disaster and are attempting the impossible: Explaining what the hell it's about. Between the rape dancing, the comic book costumes, and the bizarre performance of Mr. Blue we can't guarantee you closure but we can guarantee you some laughs!

"When you're an orphan in a rape dungeon... you take what you can get." This show is hilarious and I really want to eat some bakers chocolate now.

everyone seems to be done with this, so i'm gonna paste the details of something that popped up on demonoid: a torrent of Sucker Punch synced with Dark Side of the Moon. and the guy decided that he had to detail the entire thing in the description instead of just letting people download it. Check out how much this dude wrote about it (sorry if it's only funny to me, also demonoid is invite only, so i cant just link to it)):

Some notable mirroring syncs:
-Rocket's death is beautiful. There are also many allusions to her death. There are a couple of instances where Rocket seems as if she is saying things like "I never said I was afraid of dying" and "Why should I be afraid of dying..."
"And if the dam breaks open many years too soon, and if there is no room upon the hill"
The first time we hear this, we prominently see Rocket and Sweet Pea standing together ready for battle in the Map Mission.
The second time we hear this, we see Rocket and Sweet Pea separated from each other at the end of the Knife Mission.
The explosion of her death and the farewell between her and Sweet Pea is a grand and tragic.
"And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too 
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. "
This is all about the death of her sister and Rocket is the representation of that. In the end, Sweet Pea will see her on the other side in her mind.

-The symbolism and syncs of the mirroring of the stepfather kicking down the door to little sister hiding in closet with Babydoll kicking Blue down then opening the door with SweetPea inside a closet. The album repeats with these two scenes at the same place.
"Run, rabbit run."

-Also with Babydoll shooting at her stepfather and hitting the gas pipe and lightbulb mirrors her shooting the blimp that releases the gas and looks like the explosion of the lightbulb - both taking place at the same time in the album "Dig that hole, forget the sun, 
And when at last the work is done 
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one. "

-" Look around, choose your own ground"
Babydoll gets a gun the first time
Babydoll gets a knife the second time

"Run Rabbit Run"
Babydoll escapes through window
Babydoll runs after guy with map
Babydoll grabs key to escape asylum

There are many more.

"Speak to Me"

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, been 
over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

CYCLE 1: BABY DOLL SITTING IN HER BED IN DEEP DREADFUL ANTICIPATION
CYCLE 2: THE CASH REGISTER RINGING UP SOUNDS LIKE MACHINE GUN FIRE WHICH SYNCS WITH SWEET PEA'S GUNFIRE
CYCLE 3: THE HEART BEATS AS BLUE REVEALS THEIR WHOLE PLAN .

CYCLE 1: THE SCREAMS CLIMAX JUST AS THEIR DEAD MOTHER IS REVEALED
CYCLE 2: THE SCREAMS CLIMAX AS SWEET PEA FRANTICALLY KILLS EVERYONE SURROUNDING HER SISTER
CYCLE 3: THE SCREAMS CLIMAX JUST AS BLUE PULLS THE TRIGGER AND KILLS AMBER. The women then scream in horror.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the 
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even 
if you're not mad..." 

(Instrumental) 

"Breathe"

Breathe, breathe in the air.
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL FLIES THROUGH THE AIR.

Don't be afraid to care. 
Leave but don't leave me. 
Look around and choose your own ground. 

CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL LOOKS THROUGH THE KEYHOLE AT HER SISTER. SHE WANTS THE STEPFATHER TO LEAVE BUT NOT TO LEAVE HER TO GO AFTER HER SISTER. HER LITTLE SISTER LOOKS OUT AS IF TO SAY "DON'T LEAVE ME WITH HIM" BABYDOLL LOOKS AROUND TO SEE THE WINDOW.
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL SEEMS OUTNUMBERED BUT TAKES THEM BY SURPRISE
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL FEELS AROUND FOR HER KNIFE.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be. 

CYCLE 1: "ALL YOU TOUCH" BABYDOLL GRABS THE LEDGE

Run, rabbit run.
CYCLE 1: THE STEPFATHER KICKS OPEN THE DOOR THAT HAS THE LITTLE SISTER INSIDE. THE KEYS ARE SHOWN IN THE DOOR. BABYDOLL LANDS OUTSIDE AND RACES TO GET TO THEM.
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL IS RUNNING AFTER THE MAN.
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL KICKS BLUE DOWN WHILE GRABBING THE KEY ( A DIRECT MIRROR TO HER STEPFATHER KICKING OPEN THE CLOSET DOOR) BABYDOLL THEN OPENS THE DOOR THAT HAS SWEET PEA CROUCHED AND CRYING INSIDE ( JUST LIKE HER SISTER CROUCHING AND CRYING IN THE CLOSET) ALL IN TUNE WITH THE SAME SOUNDS

Dig that hole, forget the sun, 
And when at last the work is done 
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one. 

CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL SHOOTS AT THE STEPFATHER, ONLY TO MISS AND HIT THE GAS PIPE AND LIGHT BULB RELEASING GAS.
CYCLE 2: BABY DOLL IS RUNNING AFTER THE MAN WITH THE MAP WHO IS RUNNING TO THE BLIMP. BABY DOLL IS SHOOTING ;BABY DOLL MUST SHOOT THE BLIMP AND RELEASE GAS FROM IT.
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL OPENS THE DOOR TO THE CLOSET THAT SWEET PEA IS CROUCHED IN. "DON'T SIT DOWN ITS TIME TO DIG ANOTHER ONE" BABYDOLL LIFTS HER UP AND GIVES HER EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS TO GET OUT OF THIS HOLE THEY ARE IN.

For long you live and high you fly 
But only if you ride the tide 
And balanced on the biggest wave 
You race towards an early grave. 

CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL RUNS TO HER SISTER TO DISCOVER HER DEAD
CYCLE 2: THE BLIMP FLIES OFF WITH THE GUY RIDING ON THE LADDER
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL AND SWEET PEA RACE OUT OF THE ASYLUM, ONLY TO SACRIFICE BABYDOLL

"On The Run"

[female announcer, announcing flights at airport, including 'Rome']
CYCLE 1: footsteps and running heard as BABYDOLL RUNS AWAY FROM HOME AND COPS ARRIVE OVER BABYDOLL
CYCLE 2: AS THE BLIMP CRASHES, THE FEMALE ANNOUNCER IS CALLING FOR PASSENGERS TO BOARD
CYCLE 3: footsteps and running heard as BABYDOLL AND SWEET PEA ESCAPE
AT ONE POINT BABYDOLL AND SWEET PEA ARE RIGHT OUTSIDE THE WINDOWED CUBICLE THE GUARD IS IN. THE GUARD IS LISTENING TO AN AUDIO PLAYER WITH HEADPHONES ON. WE HEAR RAPID FOOTSTEPS WHEN WE ARE WITH THE WOMEN OUTSIDE THE CUBICLE. THE FOOTSTEPS BECOME SILENT WHEN WE ARE IN THE CUBICLE WITH THE GUARD. WE HEAR THE RAPID FOOTSTEPS IMMEDIATELY AGAIN WHEN WE ARE BROUGHT BACK TO THE WOMEN.

CYCLE 1: SOUND OF PLANE GOING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AS WE SEE THE CAR BABYDOLL IS IN GOING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT WITH THE TITLE ON THE WINDOW, ZOOMING BY
CYCLE 2: SOUND OF PLANE GOING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AS WE SEE BABYDOLL MOVE HER SWORD FROM LEFT TO RIGHT OVER THE SOLDIER'S HEAD

"Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!"
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL ENTERS THE ASYLUM
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL IS VICTORIOUS AND LEAVES WITH THE MAP IN HAND
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL EXPLAINS TO SWEET PEA THAT SHE HAS TO STAY AND SHE HAS TO GO (escape).

(Instrumental) 

CYCLE 1: AS THE SOUNDS OF THE PLANE CRASH, BABYDOLL IS BEING LEAD DOWN A HALLWAY TO BLUE WHO IS WAITING ON THE RIGHT BLOCKING HER PATH.
CYCLE 2: AS THE SOUNDS OF THE PLANE CRASH, WE AGAIN SEE BLUE STANDING TO THE RIGHT SHUTTING DOWN ANOTHER WOMAN'S PATH
CYCLE 3: AS THE SOUNDS OF THE PLANE CRASH, BABYDOLL WALKS TO HER FATE

CYCLE 1: AS BABYDOLL SEES THE KEY (MT. PLEASANT) WE HEAR RUNNING FOOTSTEPS

"Time"
CYCLE 1: AS THE BELLS SOUND, THE THEATER/CAFETERIA IS REVEALED WHERE THE FANTASY BEGINS
CYCLE 3: AS THE BELLS SOUND, BABYDOLL KICKS THE GUY IN THE BALLS, HE SUCKER-PUNCHES HER, AND THE DOC HITS THE NAIL FOR HER LOBOTOMY; ALL IMAGES HAPPEN IN A FLASH; BACK TO REALITY

CYCLE 1: AS THE DUELING FACEOFF MELODY, AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, KICKS IN, BABY DOLL FACES DOWN EVERYONE IN THE ROOM AND THE CAMERA SHOTS OF EACH OF HER EYES LOOKS LIKE A WESTERN DUEL.
CYCLE 2: AS THE DUELING FACEOFF MUSIC IS PLAYING , BLUE IS STARING DOWN THE ROOM AND EVENTUALLY THE MAP, HE IS ON TO THEM.
CYCLE 3: MADAME DOC LOOKS AT THE FORGED PAPERS AS THE HEART BEAT WE HEAR QUICKENS LIKE HER OWN

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way. 
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town 
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way. 

CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL AND SWEET PEA LOOK AT EACH OTHER; THE WAY
CYCLE 2: GIRLS ON FLOOR OF DANCE PRACTICE. BLONDIE IS SHOWING AMBER HOW TO GET THE LIGHTER.
CYCLE 3: THAT GUY HITS THE GLASS LETTING BABYDOLL THROUGH; THE GUARDS LEADING BABYDOLL
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain. 

CYCLE 3: THEY PASS BY THE EXTINGUISHED FLAMES
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. 
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. 
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. 

CYCLE 1: THAT GUY HITS THE GLASS SO BABYDOLL CAN GO THROUGH
CYCLE 2: OLD MAN WALKS IN
CYCLE 3: BLUE TAKES A DEFEATED BABYDOLL INTO ROOM
CYCLE 1 AND 3 ARE PARALLEL MIRRORS AMONG THE MANY PARALLELS BETWEEN THE CYCLES. THROUGH THESE SAME WORDS A DEFEATED BABYDOLL IS LED TO HER DOOM.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking 
Racing around to come up behind you again.
CYCLE 2: SUN (SPOTLIGHT) SHINES ON BABY DOLL
CYCLE 3: THE GUARDS COME UP BEHIND BLUE AS HE REALIZES SUNNY BABYDOLL'S LIGHT HAS FADED
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, 
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

CYCLE 1: SWEETPEA IS DRESSED AS BABYDOLL GETS UP AND POINTS TO THE LOBOTOMY CHAIR ON "ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH"

CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL SITTING IN A CHAIR LOOKS THE SAME BUT IS NOT THERE; LOBOTOMIZED; DEAD

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time. 
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines 
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
CYCLE 2: THE GIRLS HANG ON IN THE PLANE
The time is gone, the song is over, 
Thought I'd something more to say. 

CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL IS ASKED IF SHE IS ALRIGHT; THE STORY IS OVER AND SHE HAS NOTHING MORE TO SAY

"Breathe" reprise

Home, home again.
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL IS INTRODUCED TO SWEETPEA AND HER SISTER, ROCKET (BABYDOLLS MIRROR OF HER AND HER SISTER back home)

CYCLE 3: SWEET PEA/BABYDOLL IS FREE; IS HOME IN HER MIND

I like to be here when I can. 
When I come home cold and tired 
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.

CYCLE 2: THE GUIDE DROPS THE FIRE BOMB AND THEY FLY NEAR THE FIERY EXPLOSION

Far away across the field 
The tolling of the iron bell
CYCLE 3: BABYDOLL/SWEETPEA STANDS BEFORE THE BUS GETTING READY TO GO TO THE GREAT BEYOND

Calls the faithful to their knees 
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.
CYCLE 3: SWEETPEA FINALLY SUCCUMBS TO HER GUILT (THE BOY) 
FOLLOWING IT ONTO THE BUS HEADING TO THE BEYOND IN HER MIND.

"The Great Gig in the Sky" 

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I 
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? 
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."
CYCLE 1: ROCKET SEEMS TO SAY THESE WORDS WITH HER MANNERISMS. ROCKET WILL DIE.
CYCLE 2: THE TWO "ORCS" CLIMB INTO THE COCKPIT AND GET THEMSELVES LAUNCHES ONTO THE PLANE TO DIE ON IT.
CYCLE 3: SWEETPEA/BABYDOLL WALKS ONTO THE BUS THAT WILL BRING HER TO 'PARADISE' DEATH
CYCLE 2: THE PLANES FLY IN A BEAUTIFUL HARMONY IN THE SKY
WOMAN SINGING

CYCLE 2: THE WAILING OF THE WOMAN APPEARS TO BE THE WAILING OF THE BABY DRAGON AS THEY RAISE ITS HEAD AND CUT ITS THROAT THE MOTHER DRAGON APPEARS TO BE THE VOICE OF THE BEAUTIFUL MELODY AS IT FLIES WITH GRACE AND BREATHS FIRE AS THE WOMAN SIGHS
CYCLE 3: AS THE BUS DRIVER/ THE GUIDE CLOSES THE BUS DOORS THE WOMAN WAILS ; SWEETPEA/BABYDOLL ON HER WAY TO PARADISE/DEATH

CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL IS CRYING IN THE BATHROOM AND CALMS DOWN AS ROCKET COMES IN TO COMFORT HER.
CYCLE 2: THE WOMAN SINGING CALMS DOWN AS THEY FINALLY GET THE DEVICE OUT THE BABY DRAGON'S THROAT.
"If you can hear this whispering you are dying." 

"I never said I was frightened of dying."
CYCLE 1: ROCKET HITS THE CHEF IN DEFIANCE DURING A VIOLENT STRUGGLE. THE CHEF WILL LATER KILL HER.
CYCLE 2: DRAGON LIFTS HER DEAD BABY'S LIFELESS BODY

CYCLE 2: DRAGON SEEMS TO BE THE WOMAN WAILING IN A GRACEFUL DEPRESSING FLIGHT

(Instrumental) 

"Money"

Money, get away.
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team.

CYCLE 1: THE GIRLS ARE SHOWING THEIR STUFF. THE MADAME. BLUE COMES IN TO SEE IF BABYDOLL HAS THE RIGHT STUFF. IT APPEARS THAT THE MADAME IS GIVING THE WHOLE SPEECH ABOUT MONEY TO BABYDOLL.

Money, get back.
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.
CYCLE 2: BABY DOLL PUTS OUT THE DRAGON'S SMOKE STACK STANDING ATOP ITS HEAD WITH HER HANDS STACKED ON HER SWORD

Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
CYCLE 1: THE MADAME IS CLOSE TO BABYDOLL TELLING HER TO LET GO AND DANCE, APPEARING TO TELL HER "DON'T GIVE ME THAT DO GOODY GOOD BULLSHIT"
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set 
And I think I need a Lear jet.
CYCLE 1: BABY DOLL IS BEGINNING TO SHOW HER MONEY-MAKING DANCE.
CYCLE 2: BABY DOLL IS BACK AT THE SHOW AND HAS IMPRESSED THE RICH AUDIENCE IN APPLAUSE WITH EVERYONE EXCITED

CYCLE 1: THE DRAMATIC REVEAL OF BABYDOLL'S TRANSPORTATION TO A NEW SURROUNDING; HER TEMPLE WITH THE MUSIC

Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're 
giving none away.

CYCLE 1: IT APPEARS THAT THE OLD MAN IS GIVING THIS WHOLE ADVICE TO BABYDOLL AND ENDS IT BY TURNING HER AWAY
CYCLE 1: "AWAY AWAY AWAY AWAY" BABYDOLL IS TURNED AWAY FROM THE GUIDE TO FACE THE THREE WHO APPEAR TO BE TALKING LIKE DRUNK MEN IN THE DISTANCE

"HuHuh! I was in the right!"
"Yes, absolutely in the right!"
"I certainly was in the right!"
"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a
bruising!"
"Yeah!"
"Why does anyone do anything?"
"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"
"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking
why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and
screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely.
It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

CYCLE 1: THE THREE APPEAR TO BE TALKING TO EACH OTHER.

THERE IS A VERY AUDIBLE SOUND LIKE A LOUD FOOTSTEP ON WOOD JUST AS THE FIRST OF THE THREE TAKES A STEP FORWARD.

"IT CAME TO A HEAVY BLOW, BUT WE SORTED THE MATTER OUT" THE FIRST OF THE THREE DROPS HIS GIANT BLADE ON THE GROUND, DRAGGING IT, AND WALKS TOWARDS BABYDOLL TO SORT THE MATTER OUT.

CYCLE 2: BLONDIE IS WORRIED ABOUT WHAT SHE DID AND HOW IT MAY BE THE WRONG THING TO DO

"Us and Them"
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL FACES OFF AGAINST THE THREE AS 'US AND THEM' BEGINS

Us, and them 
And after all we're only ordinary men.

CYCLE 1: THE THREE ARE ONLY ORDINARY MEN IN REALITY
BABYDOLL CUTS THE THROAT AS "US" ECHOES

Me, and you. 
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.
CYCLE 2: THE GIRLS DON'T WANT TO DO THIS WITH THE CHEF BUT THEY MUST
Forward he cried from the rear
CYCLE 1: BABY DOLL RUNS FORWARD
CYCLE 2: LOOKS LIKE SWEET PEA IS IN MADAME'S PLACE PUSHING THE 'FORWARD' SWITCH FOR BABYDOLL'S DANCE

and the front rank died.
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL KILLS 2 OF 3
And the general sat and the lines on the map 
moved from side to side.
CYCLE 1: THE LINES (THE COLUMNS) MOVE FROM SIDE TO SIDE AS THE BUILDING COLLAPSES.
BABYDOLL PUTS THE GUN BACK IN HER SIDE AS SHE STRUTS OUT THE VICTORY
CYCLE 2: CHEF SITS WHILE BABYDOLL MOVES SIDE TO SIDE (STARTING HER DANCE)

Black and blue
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL'S OUTFIT AND WEAPON PROMINENTLY FEATURED AND LINGERED ON IN HER BLACK AND BLUE UNIFORM
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL BACK IN HER BLACK AND BLUE UNIFORM

And who knows which is which and who is who.
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL FACES OFF AGAINST THE FINAL MYSTERY BEAST
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL FACES ALL HER OTHER PERSONAS

Up and down.
CYCLE 1: THE SAMURAI RAISES HIS SWORD. BABYDOLL CROUCHES DOWN
CYCLE 2: GIRLS GET IN THE PLANE

But in the end it's only round and round.
CYCLE 1: THE BEAST FALLS AS BABY DOLL FLIES THROUGH THE AIR
CYCLE 2: THE HELICOPTER BLADES SPIN ROUND AND ROUND

Haven't you heard it's a battle of words 
The poster bearer cried. 
Listen son, said the man with the gun

There's room for you inside.

CYCLE 1: THE GIRLS CROWD AROUND BABYDOLL ACCEPTING HER INTO THE GROUP OF DANCERS
CYCLE 2: THE GIRLS TRY TO GET INSIDE THE TRAIN

"I mean, they're not gunna kill ya, so if you give 'em a quick short, 
sharp, shock, they won't do it again. Dig it? I mean he get off 
lightly, 'cos I would've given him a thrashing - I only hit him once! 
It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners 
don't cost nothing do they, eh?"
CYCLE 1: GIRLS ARE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERING OPINIONS ON GETTING OUT
BABYDOLL APPEARS TO SAY "EH"
CYCLE 2: APPEARS THE GIRLS ARE GETTING ORDERS ON HOW TO TAKE OUT THE ROBOTS AND DEAL WITH THE BOMB

Down and out 
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about. 
With, without. 
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?
CYCLE 2: GIRLS ARE FIGHTING ROBOTS TO GET THE KNIFE

Out of the way, it's a busy day
CYCLE 2: SWEET PEA COMES TO BABYDOLL'S RESCUE AND KICKS THE ROBOT OUT THE TRAIN

I've got things on my mind. 
For the want of the price of tea and a slice 
The old man died. 

"Any Colour You Like"

(Instrumental)

"Brain Damage"

CYCLE 1: SWEET PEA IS TELLING BLUE THAT BABYDOLL IS ON THE FLOOR DOING HER DANCE. "the lunatic is on the grass."
CYCLE 1: HEART BEAT KICKS IN AS BABY DOLL BEGINS TO DANCE AND THEIR OPERATION OF FOOLING EVERYONE AND GETTING THE ITEMS BEGIN
CYCLE 2: HEART BEAT KICKS IN AS THE CHEF GRABS THE KNIFE AND LUNGES AT ROCKET IN SLOW MOTION

The lunatic is on the grass. 
The lunatic is on the grass. 
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs. 
Got to keep the loonies on the path.
CYCLE 1: BABYDOLL TRANSPORTS TO A BATTLEFIELD AS IF ITS A MEMORY; SHE LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL IN A FIELD

The lunatic is in the hall. 
The lunatics are in my hall.
CYCLE 1 : THEY CONVENE IN A LARGE HALL.

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor 
And every day the paper boy brings more. 

CYCLE 1: THE GUIDE APPEARS LOOKING LIKE A BIKE MESSENGER DURING WWI. HE BRINGS THE MESSAGE OF GETTING THE MAP.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon 
And if there is no room upon the hill
CYCLE 1: ROCKET AND SWEET PEA ARE FOCUSED ON TOGETHER
CYCLE 2: ROCKET AND SWEET PEA ARE SEPARATED / THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR ROCKET TO GET OUT WITHOUT HER JETPACK /ROCKET IS DOOMED TO THE TRAIN ON A PATH TO THE CITY WITH THE BOMB AS SWEET PEA LOOKS ON

And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too 
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. 

CYCLE 1: "I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON" THE GIRLS LEAVE TO DO THE MISSION.
CYCLE 2: "AND IF YOUR HEAD EXPLODES WITH DARK FOREBODINGS TOO" THE CITY EXPLODES WITH ROCKET INSIDE; BABYDOLL LOOKS IN DISBELIEF AND MOURNING "I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON" THE WHOLE CITY GOES DARK

The lunatic is in my head. 
The lunatic is in my head

CYCLE 1: MISSILE FLIES INTO THE HEAD OF THE BLIMP THAT HAS A FACE.
CYCLE 2: BABYDOLL COMES OUT OF THE BATTLE FANTASY INTO THE BROTHEL AND STARES IN DISBELIEF AT WHAT HAPPENED.

You raise the blade, you make the change 
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
CYCLE 1: "RAISE THE BLADE" A BOY/SOLDIER SITS THERE WITH BLADE/GUN RAISED
ALL OF BABYDOLL'S PERSONAS WALK TOGETHER
CYCLE 2: ROCKET JUST GOT STABBED BY THE CHEF AND IS NOW DYING. "RAISE THE BLADE" THE CHEF RAISES HIS BLADE FROM ROCKET

You lock the door 
And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me. 

CYCLE 1: THE MYSTERY BOY (BLONDIE PULLS HIS HELMET OFF) IN HER HEAD APPEARS AS SWEET PEA STARES AT HIM, MIRRORING THE ENDING WHERE THEY ARE SAFE INSIDE HER HEAD
CYCLE 2: ROCKET DIES.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear 
You shout and no one seems to hear.
CYCLE 1: THE GIRLS WALK WITH EXPLOSIONS GOING OFF NEAR THEM AND THEY KEEP WALKING LIKE THEY DON'T HEAR IT.
AMBER GETS INSIDE THE RABBIT MECH
CYCLE 2: SWEET PEA CRIES NEAR THE EAR OF ROCKET'S DEAD BODY

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
CYCLE 2: ALL THE GIRLS ARE NOW IN DISBELIEF AND DESPAIR

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
CYCLE 2: SWEET PEA IN EMOTIONAL GOODBYE TO ROCKET AS SHE DIES.

"I can't think of anything to say except... 
I think it's marvelous! HaHaHa!" 

CYCLE 1: THE GUIDE GIVES FINAL WORDS OF WISDOM AND THEY BEGIN SHOOTING
CYCLE 2: BLUE'S THOUGHTS. THE LAUGHS ARE HEARD AS THE EVIL MEN BREAK THEM UP

"Eclipse"

All that you touch 
All that you see 
All that you taste 
All you feel. 
All that you love 
All that you hate 
All you distrust 
All you save. 
All that you give 
All that you deal 
All that you buy, 
beg, borrow or steal. 
All you create 
All you destroy 
All that you do 
All that you say. 
All that you eat 
And everyone you meet 
All that you slight 
And everyone you fight. 
All that is now
All that is gone 
All that's to come 
and everything under the sun is in tune 
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon..
CYCLE 1: BEAUTIFUL CHAOS TO THE CLIMACTIC WORDS IN AN ALL OR NOTHING BATTLE

CYCLE 2:
"All that you love" - MADAME GORSKI IS SHOWN - SHE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WILL LISTEN

"All that you hate" - BLONDIE IS SHOWN - BLONDIE REPRESENTS FEAR AND IS THE DOWNFALL OF THE GROUP

"All you mistrust" - AMBER IS SHOWN - AMBER REPRESENTS LOYALTY

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

CYCLE 2: AS THE HEART BEATS, BLUE PULLS OUT A GUN AND EVERYONE IS ON EDGE
MADAME GORSKI APPEARS TO SAY THESE WORDS TO BLUE

• Like 1

Nathan Rabin of the AV Club has an excellent review of Sucker Punch for his regular column, My Year of Flops.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/furtively-feminist-mostly-misunderstood-case-file,61684/
"Depending on whom you ask, Snyder set out to make either the ultimate sexist masturbatory fanboy fantasy or the ultimate critique of sexist masturbatory fanboy fantasies. He failed spectacularly on both counts, but in true Fiasco form, there’s something fascinating and even strangely majestic about that failure."

• Like 1

Nathan Rabin of the AV Club has an excellent review of Sucker Punch for his regular column, My Year of Flops.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/furtively-feminist-mostly-misunderstood-case-file,61684/
"Depending on whom you ask, Snyder set out to make either the ultimate sexist masturbatory fanboy fantasy or the ultimate critique of sexist masturbatory fanboy fantasies. He failed spectacularly on both counts, but in true Fiasco form, there’s something fascinating and even strangely majestic about that failure."

Gotta relisten to this episode. I watched the movie this weekend and all I can say is "wow" (but not in the good way)

Babydoll played by Emily Browing is 24 and was 23 when the movie came out so I am guessing she was 19-22 when the movie was made.

Great episode :).

Okay, it's probably not relevant anymore but, what I understood was that there was the reality(asylum), then the alternate reality which I think is kind of Baby Doll's way of interpreting the reality (probably why she is in a brothel) and the second alternate reality which would be her way of empowering herself, having control over her world. Carla Gugino tells her, before her first dance, that she has to "fight" so it's like she is picturing herself kicking ass instead of dancing for customers and whatnot.

So yep.. That's what I got from it.

Good God, this movie.... raped into empowerment.

Funny how the crew is ragging so hard on Oscar Issac... I think he's turned out pretty alright, guys. Inside Llewyn Davis sits at a firm 94% on RT, up there with all the Coen brothers bests, and he's going to be in Star Wars Episode 7.

Funny how the crew is ragging so hard on Oscar Issac... I think he's turned out pretty alright, guys. Inside Llewyn Davis sits at a firm 94% on RT, up there with all the Coen brothers bests, and he's going to be in Star Wars Episode 7.

He was annoying in Llewyn Davis, which was critic-bait but also very much a lesser light for the Coens IMO.

• Like 1

God-damn, this movie was terrible, one of the only ones, save for The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and Batman & Robin, which made me fly into an apoplectic rage! And they let Zack Snyder rape Superman..... Why?!

I just watched the Stuart Murdoch-directed God Help the Girl. The lead actress, Emily Browning, looked very familiar to me, but I couldn't immediately place her. It wasn't until I IMDB'd her that I realized she played Babydoll in that godawful Sucker Punch "movie."

Perhaps she's making amends for that Matrix-for-the-Maxim-douchebag dreck with this twee-gasmic charmer.

Sign in to follow this