🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WTF?MichaelDorn

Bad movies, that should be remade because the potential is there.

Example: Judge Dredd was remade, because the consensus on the original is that it was bad. The remake took itself seriously, stayed within the world built and made the Villian a greater challenge to defeat.

My pick: Spawn!

The remake could take a realistic approach similar to the batman trilogy, dive into the villains that are more plausible (mammon); fully take advantage of an R rating.

My pick: Spawn!

The remake could take a realistic approach similar to the batman trilogy, dive into the villains that are more plausible (mammon); fully take advantage of an R rating.

Todd McFarlane is in the process of writing a new Spawn movie, and it sounds like a dumpster fire.

I always thought they could always try and give "The Island of Dr. Moreau" another shot. *shrug*

I'm always attracted to remakes of obscure movies, either ones that before most people's time, or from another country.

I wrote an absolutely terrible 200pg first draft of an Americanized version of the polarizing Japanese film "Pistol Opera." Most people hate the movie, some love it.

I don't know if I support the movement to get the Star Wars Prequels remade or not.

Todd McFarlane is in the process of writing a new Spawn movie, and it sounds like a dumpster fire.

We're quickly approaching the twentieth anniversary of Todd McFarlane telling us what's going to be in this hypothetical second Spawn movie. Unlike Rob Liefeld, he didn't really have a hand in creating any other characters that are getting a lot of attention, so no one's really banging down his door to turn his characters into movies. For being one of the most successful Image guys post-Marvel, he's really contributed very, very little outside of Spawn.

• Like 2

My only caveat is there isn't exactly a shortage of superhero movies at the moment so the world isn't crying out for another one, but Catwoman.

• Like 2

Mortal Kombat, with the success of Deadpool, it's proven that an R/18 Rated Comic Book/Video Game can prove to be successful.

On top of that, Warner Bros. own Mortal Kombat, so they have the budget to make some that could essentially be the R-Rated Avengers. On top of that, because Warner Bros own DC Comics, and there has been a "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe" game, as well as the excellent "Injustice" game, so they can really explore that possibility.

A Mortal Kombat movie, filmed in 3D, with the enhancements in Special Effects, and (more importantly) fully embracing the mythology behind it, you'd have something incredible.

The Gate, done either as an intensely terrifying movie (like the nightmares the goofy claymation original gave me as a kid) or like a horror-comedy mashup of It Follows and Home Alone.

• Like 1

We're quickly approaching the twentieth anniversary of Todd McFarlane telling us what's going to be in this hypothetical second Spawn movie. Unlike Rob Liefeld, he didn't really have a hand in creating any other characters that are getting a lot of attention, so no one's really banging down his door to turn his characters into movies. For being one of the most successful Image guys post-Marvel, he's really contributed very, very little outside of Spawn.

To be fair McFarlane had quite a bit of success at Marvel, I think his first issue of Spider-Man is still one of the biggest selling issues of all time, and Spawn was a MASSIVE hit when it debuted, unfortunately McFarlane has become what he originally hated at Marvel. With Image being formed by artists and writers who wanted to own their own work and remove themselves from the bureaucracy of comic publishers, the original group created some amazing work, yet McFarlane started doing what he hated and farming his creation out to other writers and artists, which is one of the reasons that he left Marvel. McFarlane has remained the primary writer for the comics, and the recent Spawn stuff is decent, though it's no where near the quality from when it premiered decades ago.

Now with Robert Kirkman as the head of Image, the company seems to be going back to the original format of creator owned work that is top notch, though it's a double edged sword as with few reigns leads to some pretty cringe-worthy books like The Nightly News or Low. Unfortunately Spawn didn't do the numbers that it was expected to, especially considering how well the comic was doing at the time and McFarlane has proven to be a real slave to detail which has caused numerous delays which has now led to the movie being "ready" but the public not really caring anymore.

A obscure movie called "Six String Samurai" absolutely. As far as I know the movie, in its entirety, is on youtube. It's the very definition of awful with potential. I've also heard that it was one of the inspirations for the Fallout games (There's a town called Fallout in the movie IIRC)

The thing about the movie is that it's suppose to be an allegory for the music industry (or some of it) at the time, with the whole "This is real music, not like the crap these kids are into" argument.

Digging that Catwoman remake, but if I could ask for one movie do-over I think I'd ask for The Last Airbender. They sucked every drop of joy and magic out of the original cartoon. I know Shyamalan is threatening to do sequels... and that really bums me out. I know cartoons aren't for everyone, but if you have any interest I'd say watch the television show because it's pretty great.

On a different note, I hope Hugh Jackman's last go around as Wolverine is good, Deadpool makes me think that it's possible. Fingers crossed, eh?

Sign in to follow this