🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

Poll - Should ANTICHRIST be in The Canon?

ANTICHRIST yay or nay?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should ANTICHRIST be in The Canon?

• Yes
    • No

POLL FOR EPISODE #68 ANTICHRIST

I'm not sure if this or the other thread is the official place, so I'll post in both.

My vote: YES

Stop this poll, please! Half of the fun of this show is reading the (more or less) elaborate answers in the voting threads.

Stop this poll, please! Half of the fun of this show is reading the (more or less) elaborate answers in the voting threads.

We probably will in the future! I was asked to make a poll so I did, but now there are second thoughts on polls. I know Amy likes y'alls long answers a lot, so there probably won't be a poll like this next week. Just the many paragraphs of opinions.

Thanks for your patience with the switch to Earwolf, I'll get the hang of it. Sorry.

Thank YOU Shannon! We all really appreciate you helping us make the transition over from Wolfpop :)

In fact, to celebrate that we can now format text:

THANK YOU!!

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind response, and for all the work. ;)

Elaborate answers don't have to fall by the wayside, you can vote AND explain your vote. I'm assuming the poll is mostly for the same folks who would normally just post yes/no in the old threads without comment. Makes it easier for the nice folks at The Canon to tally things up in the end.

I actually like the idea of having the poll instead of the regular thread. It would make it easier to see how the vote is going, make it easier to tally up at the end, and people can still leave comments. I say keep it.

Edit: And we can edit posts now! That and the cursing being allowed are fuckin' sweet!

I honestly don't want any Lars Von Trier in the Canon, but I tapped out after half an hour. Too intense for me. (Don't worry, I haven't voted)

I would like the Podcast Discussion of this film in the Canon though. Wonderful work team! It almost made me want to re-attempt watching it. Probably not going to happen. I just don't need that level of depression and disgust in my life.

Lars is a genius. This movie is both beautiful and horrifying and it rewards deep and repeat viewing. Absolutely belongs in the Canon. So glad y'all did this one.

I vote yes. It's probably the most notorious of Von Trier's films, its unique elements help it spread beyond the circles of those willing to watch a Brechtian exercise with chalk outlines or the strictures of Dogme 95.