🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 1 - Ron Paul's Baby

A true underdog in Denton, Texas reveals his fascinating family history, and a pent-up passion.

• Like 1

Was Looking forward to this show but Mr Gethard likes the sound of his own voice too much. The guests can hardly get their story told and we learn more than one could ever want to know of the host's opinions.

Was Looking forward to this show but Mr Gethard likes the sound of his own voice too much. The guests can hardly get their story told and we learn more than one could ever want to know of the host's opinions.

I think Chris is keeping the story going and helping this guy with advice. Chris is putting words to how this man feels.

Chris is doing good and i cant wait for Chris to put out more epps.

Chris chris

• Like 2

God damn, thanks Chris, this was amazing and inspiring. I have Ikiru downloaded and never got around to watching it, I suppose I should go do that

• Like 3

this is seriously the best idea for a podcast ever... there were so many natural lulls at the beginning of the conversation where other podcasts would have found a way to get off the phone, but the way Chris pushed through them and actually motivated him to (hopefully) change something was amazing.

on a more personal note, I've lived in Texas all my life (Denton specifically for about 4 years... also spent time in Austin and San Marcos). even though Chris is right and it's definitely the best case scenario for someone who lives in an otherwise shitty place, I still know how easy it is to slip into that same familiar depression despite the fact that there's lots of things to do. I worked nights at a very busy restaurant on the street where everyone goes to drink and something about being surrounded by everyone having fun and not giving a shit night after night made doing anything with that same mindset in my personal time seem so existentially pointless... but I guess that's a completely different conversation right there.

• Like 5

Loved this first episode. I was almost moved to tears several times, but mostly I laughed my ass off. I'm looking forward to adding this podcast to my weekly listening roster.

I busted out laughing when the caller said he was a "circus baby."

• Like 3

Wow, this was really great. Such an entertaining premise and this really turned out to be such an engaging pilot ep. Well done Chris. Looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 2

Holy shit! Good job Chris Gethard calling out bands from the North Texas scene! I live in Dallas and I love it :D

• Like 2

I was a bit apprehensive about this show, but Chris is great and with the plug from Matty B I decided to give it a shot. Holy smokes, that hour had me feeling a lot of stuff. Very engaging, insightful, and entertaining. Will be listening again.

• Like 2

This showed up in my I4H stream... listened to it anyway. Thought it was great. Put the name with the face afterwards. Good stuff!

• Like 2

This show is very good, in my humble opinion

• Like 2

I want to echo all the positive, and only the positive, sentiments in this thread.

• Like 1

Starting with the positives: love the idea, the format, the conversation. Also, I loved the advice given this caller.

Now the negative: the caller seems like a decent guy, but his desire to "wrestle autistic kids" was problematic. While I get that the goal is to motivate him to take control of his life, why was he never called on this? Was it just assumed autistic kids deserve to be wrestled to the ground when they're struggling to regain control of themselves?