🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
devincf

Next Week: The Christs!

Hey guys, welcome to the new forums. Hopefully everybody is migrating over with minimal hassle. Let us know if you're having a problem.

In the tradition of the homework threads we had on the old forum, here's one for this week: THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST vs THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST.

PASSION is available on Netflix, as well as digital rental.

LAST TEMPTATION Is available for digital rental. There's also a wonderful Criterion Collection edition of it.

I am excited to finally catch both of these films, although I am kind of disappointed this thread wasn't titled BATTLE OF THE CHRISTS

So. If you guys like Willem Dafoe so much, when are we going to get a show on Shadow Of The Vampire?

I am excited to finally catch both of these films, although I am kind of disappointed this thread wasn't titled BATTLE OF THE CHRISTS

If it's any consolation, the studio calendar says "Christs Doubleheader"

• Like 1

Should've thrown in Jesus Christ Superstar, but I guess that'd be too obvious of a winner ;)

Damn this is gonna be good.

Although while it's going to be a great discussion analysing representation of christ, religion and the personal representation of faith; this has gotta go to Last Temptation right?

Sounds like something for sale at Divine Interventions.

"Christ, What a Doubleheader!"

Damn this is gonna be good.

Although while it's going to be a great discussion analysing representation of christ, religion and the personal representation of faith; this has gotta go to Last Temptation right?

That might depend on whether the question is "Which is a better movie" or "Which is part of the Canon". The Passion has a Tomatometer rating of 49% vs Last Temptation's 82%. But the former was a surprise success (an entire movie in a dead language! before Game of Thrones helped make that sort of thing cool!) while the latter did poorly and is little remembered, except when someone wants to mention that it's better than The Passion. I expect distaste for Mel Gibson will also play a role.

That might depend on whether the question is "Which is a better movie" or "Which is part of the Canon". The Passion has a Tomatometer rating of 49% vs Last Temptation's 82%. But the former was a surprise success (an entire movie in a dead language! before Game of Thrones helped make that sort of thing cool!) while the latter did poorly and is little remembered, except when someone wants to mention that it's better than The Passion. I expect distaste for Mel Gibson will also play a role.

So, can we vote "neither"?

Sign in to follow this