🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 1 — Multiple Personality Disorder

We'd like to invite you and your multiple personalities to the first episode of Professor Blastoff! Each week Tig, David, and Kyle will discuss science, philosophy, and the humanities from the abandoned basement of Professor R.L. Blastoff PhD. We begin this week with a discussion on the multiplicity of self. How many facets does the self contain? Where is the line for mental instability? How important is self awareness? What is the difference between Multiple Personalities Disorder and Schizophrenia? How does one pronounce "compartmentalize" correctly? For thoughtful, yet hilarious, answers to these questions and more, join us for our maiden voyage!

Hey there! Just wanted to say I really, really like the show. I find your conversations both interesting and funny as heck. I've listened to every episode and I look forward to every monday cause of your podcast. It helps me compartmentalize my thoughts in the topics you discuss, and so forth. Um yeah, ok, see ya!

Hey just recently stumbled upon your podcast through sklarbro country and was an instant fan. I love the idea behind your podcast, love the comedy, definitely a fan of Kyle through his character on Reno 911 and of course his comedy central standup. I would however like to correct you guys on your understanding of the id, ego and superego. The id you guys got right, the ego is your conscious state i.e. who you are on an everyday level, and the superego can be thought of as your own fence line in a sense. It stands as your boundaries given to you by your parents and/or your peer group. Sorry I am the type of person who is always correcting people, not because I am trying to be condescending but really just like to allow people to correct something they maybe misheard or didn't quite understand. Anyways I would like to say I will be a devoted listener and sometime donater so keep up the podcasts and I will keep up my pointless drivel and non-sensical ramblings.

I am a HUGE fan of many of Earwolf's podcasts, I gotta say this one was really disappointing. I can't decide if the hosts are stoned, dryly sarcastic, tragically misinformed, or a wicked cocktail of the three. I found myself laughing, because all of these people are very funny and I really respect them for their comedic talent, but their attempt at deep thought is fraught with errors and bizarre leaps of logic. I found my self getting really annoyed at some of the comments made. I don't want to go through the podcast and correct all the mistakes, because that is the type of thing us nerds do about Star Wars, not Freud, and it might not impress you the way it does the other fatbeards.

That said, I have only listened to episode one, and all of the podcasts I listen to start of rocky at first (with the exception of Sensei Ducca), so I am not making any long term judgments of the show. I love it when anyone takes an interest in science, philosophy, and other "higher" areas of thought, but perhaps as the show get's it's feet you can invite some people with knowledge in the area you are covering. Neil Degrasse Tyson would be a fantastic guest. He is crazy bright, and has a pretty great sense of humor, which makes his explanations of complex ideas really easy to digest. I will listen on to this show to give it time to grow, as long as it continues to be funny (though I have no doubt it will).

You are probably reading this, and asking who this jackass know-it-all thinks he is, and the truth is I have no impressive credentials to stand on. I am a Nurse, a geek, and a life long consumer of sciences, philosophies, and minutia. Though I doubt this post has done more than annoy the creators of this show, I offer up my time to answer questions of a biological nature the hosts have, or to do any background research you might desire.

...and that last sentence was not meant to be actually dripping in arrogance...just spritzed.

Great podcast. Got to say this because I'm so amazed no has yet. WHOEVER PUT THE FLAMING LIPS DO YOU REALIZE AS THE CLOSING THEME IS FUCKING AWESOME! :)

See? The people need more closing theme action!

hahaha Was that a wesley willis reference at 36:05 ?

"RAH"

I burst out laughing at that :)

Sign in to follow this