🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 41 - Musical; Theater with Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber

Welcome to "Musical; Theater", a discussion of all things musical and theatrical! Join your host, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, and his protege, Comedy Bang! Bang! intern Gino Lambardo, as they tell the story of how Gino became the out-of-town director of "School Of Rock," dissect the genre of Billy Joel, and answer your burning Twitter questions about Broadway.

• Like 2

What in the beautiful fuck is this? I was about to go to bed but now I'm going to program some more and listen to this until I answer my own question.

EDIT: 9 minutes in, and I didn't realize how much I needed this until just now as it's happening to me. More edits to follow.

EDIT 2: This has all been hilarious so far and I still can't believe this is a thing, but I only came back to say that I'm pretty sure Gino is right about North, Central and South America.

EDIT 3: The idea of a narcissist who can't even imagine history without them there, and always eating the food of the time, is a hilarious and actually thoughtful concept because I swear I know some people who are probably actually that narcissistic.

EDIT 4, PROBABLY FINAL: It's crazy how good the chemistry is between these two; whoever decided to make this a podcast deserves a firm pat on the back.

• Like 9

I will sell a human soul for another episode of this down the road with Don DiMello.

• Like 6

Ugh. I run a shipping store, and the conversation about the state abbreviations was making me lose my mind. I kept wanting to yell "NO! WRONG!"

• Like 1

Lost my shit when they talked about Snarf and the Thunder Cats. A fantastic podcast!

• Like 4

Central America isn't one of the 7th continents so Gino's right about Mexico, it's North America :)

In National Lampoon, Christie Brinkley was dead the whole time. Watch it again. It's unmistakable.

• Like 1

Every time I hear PFT doing ALW, it takes me a solid 15 minutes to settle into a groove where I'm not laughing at every single thing he says just because of the voice and his various overly formal turns of phrase. Am I crazy or did he actually call Gino "Ginosephat" at one point?

I hope this is an ongoing podcastule endeavor, but even if there's only one more episode, I really want it to be the platform for the Hamilton challenge that Paul has agreed to do with Benny Schwaz.

• Like 4

"Brick" was Ben Folds Five. Sorry, that's bugging me right now.

Great show, though. I really enjoyed Gino stumbling upon the concept of the comic book "Maus" entirely by accident.

• Like 3

Thanks to ALW* for reminding all listeners about the importance of foreplay!

*And to PFT, for no particular reason.

• Like 3

I enjoyed this muchly. I love PFT's ALW. I found the part about how countries seem to be all one culture from the outside, but reveal many identities within as you know more about them, to be surprisingly insightful.

"Brick" was Ben Folds Five. Sorry, that's bugging me right now.

And thanks to Lauren Lapkus' episode of "The Characters", I'll never think of that song the same way ever again.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this