🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 33 - The Big Lebowski and Magnolia Live Show with Aimee Mann and Paul F. Tompkins

Recorded Live aboard the JoCo Cruise, Matt welcomes singer-songwriter Aimee Mann to talk about her role as Nihilist Woman, Franz's Girlfriend in The Big Lebowski. Aimee tells us about having to create dialogue in German, what it was like working with the Coen brothers, and whether or not her character gave her toe away willingly. Then, Paul F. Tompkins returns to talk about playing customer service operator Chad in Magnolia. Paul describes his three intense days of shooting the scene which included singing Sade songs with Mary Lynn Rajskub, embarrassing himself at the table read as he sat right next to Tom Cruise, and realizing his only his voice would make the final cut. Plus, Matt and Paul share how the power of the internet lead to them being friends and collaborators as they answer audience questions!

I like that the only picture of PFT looks like he just witnessed a murder on board.

Also, good ep.

This was great, and now I really want that shitty movies grab bag episode with Paul and Little Janet Varney.

• Like 1

It is baffling to me that Paul has forgotten his own appearance in films.

Comedians often make fun of the whole cruise ship gig thing, but honestly this looks like it would be really fun. Hanging out on the same cruise ship as PFT and Gourley (along with a bunch of other comedians) would be a lot of fun. Good episode.

I know this probably doesn't quite achieve "I Was There Too" heights, but I've never heard PFT talk about working on Bojack Horseman and I'd really like to. There's a lot of funny people on that show and honestly it surprises me that PFT doesn't mention it more often because it really is a truly amazing show and his character is great. In my opinion it reaches Arrested Development heights. I wonder if he gets along with Aaron Paul.

• Like 1

I was a little disappointed to hear Matt misquote a classic line from The Big Lebowski. The Goodman line about "You see what happens when you 'find a stranger in the alps'" is directed at a kid named Larry, not Buscemi's character Donny. So there you go.

Sign in to follow this