🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 411 - The Phony Marony Show with The Thermals

The wonderful Portland band The Thermals make their Comedy Bang! Bang! debut! They join Scott and John Lennon to talk about meeting for the first time at a Grateful Dead show, what happened with John not appearing at the Super Bowl, and the meaning behind their new album "We Disappear." Later, Tony B., a representative of the Italian American Anti-Defamation League stops by to share a list of grievances against the Italian American community. Plus, The Thermals perform a couple of their songs live in the studio!

The Thermals?! I am, with 100% honesty, doing machine gun motions with my arms and noises with my mouth. Fuck I love that band!

That first John Lennon segment was too funny

• Like 3

"A man of 1000 voices and 1000 jaw bones put into one."

Jokes about Tim's head will never not get old.

• Like 3

Audible.com really is great. They have my favorite book, the dictionary.

• Like 1

Audible.com really is great. They have my favorite book, the dictionary.

Voiced by Emmanuel Lewis. Webster reads Webster.

• Like 5

Fuck yes. John Lennon is the King of the Bonus Eps. So, so good.

Without realizing it, Scott and John talked all around Jerry Garcia being grateful to be dead.

Another missed opportunity that I thought someone would pounce on - Tony said "You're welfome" and John replied "Fank you", so when Tony said it was Italian, I thought John or someone else would say it's Adelian since she was mentioned earlier (one of my favorite moments) and she talks like that (because she's working class and can't afford a th sound, per Musical; Theater).

I LOVE Tim Kalpakis, and this episode made me really miss The Birthday Boys show.

This clip really captures it for me

• Like 10

Kathy snuck in a one word Mr. Show reference to the band Smoosh when she answered Scott's question with, "dunno."

• Like 2

It took me a second for me to realize this wasn't PFT. I'm going to need Tony and Cake Boss get together in an Italian-Off. "OHHHH BACHAGABELLLLLE!"

It took me a second for me to realize this wasn't PFT. I'm going to need Tony and Cake Boss get together in an Italian-Off. "OHHHH BACHAGABELLLLLE!"

PFT would never be #5 on the call sheet.

• Like 1

Man it's so Scott that his examples of DeNiro mobster movies after Godfather 2 are "Analyze This" and "Analyze That."

When are they gonna Analyze the other??

And Joe Mantegna

Enjoyed this.. Scott used my catchphrase submission.. He didn't like my username though...

Why have I never listened to the Thermals before? They're fantastic.....