Episode 10 — Mac & Me

10 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas Sadler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

How do you make a movie like Mac and Me? We'll give you the recipe: Take a bag of Skittles. Mix it with equal parts tired 80's archetypes and bad CGI. Let it simmer in Coca-Cola while you go have an impromptu yet totally choreographed dance party. Carefully remove any traces of plot and serve with a side of french fries. There you have it, a recipe for a movie so stomach-churning that even the talented How Did This Get Made chefs, including Adam Pally, cannot make palatable. Enjoy!

#2 rob1326657693

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Mac's sister was kinda hot anyone else?

#3 Tonya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

I saw an old guy walking down the street today, waddling just like the aliens in Mac and Me. It made my eyeballs barf because it reminded me of this incredibly shitty movie.

#4 Daniel Knox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

http://dkphonephotos...ming-on-netflix

#5 jeremyduncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

At the end of this episode, you guy were talking about the girl in the convertible outside the supermarket. You stated that she looked over at the aliens as if nothing was wrong, then did a double take and peeled out for apparently no reason. She got freaked out, because the aliens smashed through the glass and stole her Sprite (more Coca Cola Co. placement).

Btw, love the show...so much that I had to a dick and correct you. Haha. It was with love, I promise.

#6 Johnny Unusual

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • LocationFredericton, New Brunswick

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

This one is from my childhood. I forgot all about the weird cartooniness of the title aliens. I also remember liking it at the time. Or at least tolerating it.
Please PM Me to vote for your favourite CBB guests

#7 J.T. Yost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

"Mac & Me" is forty times as good as "Nukie", another E.T. rip-off (but set in Africa). And by that I mean that you MUST find a way to see "Nukie". I found a VHS copy at a video rental place going out of business along with my all-time favorite bad movie "Creating Rem Lezar" (which was apparently written by French-Canadian child psychologists).

#8 ShaneTrane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

I don't know how this didn't come up when the show first covered Mac & Me, but are you guys aware that Paul Rudd has been pulling an almost decade long joke on the audience of the Conan Obrian show by continually using a clip from Mac & Me everytime he is there to promote a new film he is working on (instead of the film in question)?

It's amazing. And a compilation can be found here...

#9 Rattrap007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

One bit I love is the mom accuses the kid in the wheelchair of putting the plants and things in the living room. Some of the stuff is way up on high shelves..

The kid in real life had spina bifida.

#10 hesrightbehindu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

I love when Paul R plays that clip! Out of context it is especially ridiculous.

#11 Elitist Prick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Paul Rudd and Mac and Me will never die!
http://teamcoco.com/...-prank-01-21-14