🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 412 - Little Whittle Whistle

Speaking of Esposito, what ever happened to Jennifer Esposito?

She played Noah's sister on The Affair last season!

you guys are lucky Jen Kirkman doesn't read this forum. You'd all be in big trouble.

• Like 1

love love love cameron. i always enjoy her on podcasts and her standup (non-tv) is so natural, hilarious & engaging. looking forward to hearing this one, especially with pft -- you can't really go wrong.

on a side note, there are definitely a lot of guest comedians featured on this podcast that i don't find funny, but i never go out of my way to let everyone know "ugh...this comedian sucks!" i just know that they're not my cup of tea and move on. comedy, is of course, subjective as fuck.

but let's not gloss over the fact that there are reasons a certain people seem to go after her more. y'all can figure it out.

Very true.

There are some guests that are quite popular that I can't stand. I don't feel the need to chime in, especially to people who like them.

• Like 1

Cameron's stand-up isn't funny, but she's always great on the show and I really like her personality :)

Great ep

Enjoying this episode, and saw a high comment count so was curious as to what was going on. Turns out a lot of back and forth over some people's desire for attention. Shame.

Yes free speech, yes the internet. However, this is very clearly a close knit 'community' based forum of (I like to think) open minded liberal types, and fans of the show (which I like to think is an open minded, liberal sort of show).

Bearing that in mind, I guess loudly deriding one of the guests of said show with strong and insulting language in said forum is no doubt going to cause a bit of a stir, no? Besides, the more you swear and state your opinions as 'facts', the less weight any opinions you have might hold (isn't comedy a subjective artform?), and the more obvious it is that you were trying to stir shit up rather than voice an opinion as part of a community discussion.

So enjoy the 5 minutes of drama and the resulting lack of a shit anyone else gives in the long run, as well as having no effect whatsoever on the show runners' choices.

I'm not saying these forums should be optimism only, but there's a line between criticism and bull-horning. You know, it is possible to have an interesting intellectual debate on these forums about whatever you want.

• Like 1

you just know when a CBB ep thread gets to five pages that misogyny is afoot.

• Like 11

Hats off to Cameron Esposito's Nice! Brand from Walgreens joke. I'm sad no one else caught that during the show.

• Like 4

Confession: Every time Scott mentions Bajillion Dollar Propertie$, I expect him to pronounce it like "

" and then sing "Wipeout" in its entirety.
  • Like 9

...and then sing Wipeout in its entirety.

Is Mantzoukas watching on, grimacing and shaking his head?

• Like 4

I hate Cameron Esposito so so much. This episode was realy funny, even her parts. I saw her do stand-up once. I laughed. What the fuck? I saw her on Maron once. She can act too, like, fuck that. I mean, are you supposed to be good AND a lesbian woman? I don't THINK so. AS IF. What an idiot. She thinks she can just be on podcasts, and also be really funny and seem to have a NATURAL CONNECTION with the host, who books her for her quality input on his program, as well as consistantly funny sets at his old stand-up show? What the FUCK have we come to, earwolf.

• Like 9

Cameron's stand-up isn't funny

Dude...is this really the time lol

• Like 3

Can we get a masterlist going of everyone we're NOT okay with being on the podcast so I can forward it to Scott? I know for a fact he would treasure it.

jay leno

talking dead's chris hardwick

george lopez

carrot

adam carolla

jim breuer

real bill cosby

gelman

reggie ripoff watts

actual widow kulap

ed helms

Honestly, I dont have the unbridled hate for Cameron that this other guy has, but I agree with the sentiment that Earwolf seems to think she's bigger and better than I think she is.

You white knights who want to call anyone gamergate who dares to not just fawn over the amazing skills of a lesbian comedian can sit the F down. To be honest, the only reason you'll see some bounceback Cameron's way is because the average earwolf listener is such a nauseating white knight "if you have nothing nice to say shut up!" sayer that those of us who are somewhat normal and dare to have an objective point of view for the comedy they're listening to and actually can admit "this was just okay" or "so and so is fine but I don't laugh out loud at them" are goaded to coming out of the dark and actually sharing those viewpoints.

Cameron is a pleasant woman, and a solid guest for that reason but I don't find her to be a great comedian. I definitely feel like she is 'pushed' by the earwolf powers that be

If comedy is objective, I'll take the word of people like PFT and Scott Aukerman just slightly more than yours, dude who comments on message boards.

• Like 1

Always found Cameron funny, as she was on this episode. People don't like the fact that she's an unapologetic feminist and unafraid to voice her political views, which is fine, but that doesn't mean she's "not funny." I'm not a HH fan but you don't see me on their forums bitching about it, I just don't listen. If you don't like the guest, don't listen. Simple enough.

• Like 1

Sorry everyone, the verdict is in, you can only write lengthy passionate posts if they're negative. If they're positive you're just being a white knight.

• Like 1

Cameron esposito? more like cameron esPOSOTIVO! amarite?

love that bish

great ep

peace.

• Like 1

Always found Cameron funny, as she was on this episode. People don't like the fact that she's an unapologetic feminist and unafraid to voice her political views, which is fine, but that doesn't mean she's "not funny." I'm not a HH fan but you don't see me on their forums bitching about it, I just don't listen. If you don't like the guest, don't listen. Simple enough.

For what it's worth, (which is next to nothing), I am more apt to like Cameron Esposito because she is an unapologetic feminist and unafraid to voice her political views, (and from Chicago, to boot!), but I have yet to enjoy her comedy. Granted, I haven't heard or seen a ton of it, but nothing she has done has made me want to dig deeper. Remain open-minded, and am ready to be convinced by her work otherwise.

Also found it unfortunate that the first to mention her gender and sexuality were those defending her. Not that it would have been any more fortunate for those who dislike her work to bring it up first, but defending someone's gender or sexuality when those things are not being addressed shows a lot about how one thinks of people.

• Like 1

Also found it unfortunate that the first to mention her gender and sexuality were those defending her.

The third comment in this thread, and the one that began this entire shitshow, attacked Cameron's "hot shehorned message comedy garbage that appeals to Buzzfeed demographics" and "far fetched monologues on a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE". What exactly do you think these phrases refer to?

• Like 4

I'm not a HH fan but you don't see me on their forums bitching about it, I just don't listen.

You undermined your post by definitively proving you don't know funny.