🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 130 - Mike Lawrence, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes reveal themselves to be sneakerheads and discuss the newest sneakers they've bought. Then MIKE LAWRENCE joins in for a quick trip to the Popcorn Gallery.

• Like 12

:)

love me some miguel la ranche. I remember when I first heard him on KATG talking about working at mcdonalds for almost a decade. love ya bby :wub:

• Like 5

My dog's trying to drive my car. Is there anything in the rulebook that says he can or can't? Need answers ASAP.

rssAZup.png?1

• Like 20

Hey guys, new here. It's taken 4 1/2 months to catch up, and I'm still, like 5 eps behind, but hey I'll make it.

A little bit about me: I tried to start a photo series called The Day in the Life of Lars von Trier where I would pose as him doing mundane things. The first photo was me opening a can of soup, showcasing some fresh "gauze" around my wrists. My dad freaked out and thought I had tried to kill myself without telling him. I discontinued the series after that.

This is the picture.

Bsmjp5q.jpg?1

Actually looking back at it, three of my family members thought it was real. Oh well!

• Like 18

Downloaded the episode. I'll give it a listen and report back later!

It should be good because I have enjoyed previous episodes.

Thanks,

robotam.

• Like 13

I hope we didn't hurt Mike Rodgers feelings by not knowing who he is.

Good luck everyone.

[presses play]

update> It's going really well.

update2> Oh no...

• Like 18

This reminds me of Smodcast episode #169

Sean is such a Scott Hosier and could Hayes BE1 more of a Kevin??

1. Remember "BE" the way Chandler used to emphasise it on the TV sitcom Friends.

• Like 17

Mike,

Do you think Hayes is yummier than Sean, or is it a total om nom nom scrom nom nom yummy books situation?

ps, please don't eat them.

• Like 9

I did enjoy that! I feel like the forums might be quite active this week.

Hayes said I would probably be getting the pro version. I look forward to the day I do.

Ps Mike, did you see that Mythbusters where the put A FUCKIN ROCKET ON THE ROOF OF THAT CAR!!!!? I Mean, Wowa wee wa! Am I right?

• Like 13

Great ep, first off, liked the preguest seg because I find expensive shoes funny and so am a really soft target for all that, AND agreed with Hayes and the inverse of Sean's remarks on Hail Ceaser and Midnight Special respectively.

I was a bit worried when Sean threw to the guest-seg because I don't like conflict and will never relisten to the Pauly Shore or the Adam Pally ep even though the latter was probably just joking, but Mike didn't really kick off just sulked. I thought it'd be bad in the opening moments when he was really low energy and a proud nerd and he tried to one-up... was it Hayes? about who's read the most comics, but by setting the questions as a proxy antagonist allowed the boys and mike to be pretty collegiate and still have a really strong arc or just downward progression in the ep.

Also Mike was speculating how his large size would give him the edge on a mortal struggle against the boys at the end of like, 40 minutes, while on the Hollywood Handbooks the podcast's forum's favourite podcast Doughboys, Mike "the Spoonman" Mitchell lasted like, 35 hour and a half long episodes. A quick bit of math puts the boys together at around 80 wigers (the unit of being annoying). Do we still talk about the Doughboys a lot? Not really been keeping up.

e: not sure if I should leave a comment for Mike to read here or on the reddit but don't be so down on yourself slugger, you're doing great. Writing for Schumer? that's huge!

• Like 11

Mike Lawrence is awesome. Saw him open for Maron a few years back. He gave up a lifetime of working at McDonald's just to make us laugh.

• Like 6

This reminds me of Smodcast episode #169

Sean is such a Scott Hosier and could Hayes BE1 more of a Kevin??

1. Remeber "BE" the Chandler use to emphasise on the TV sitcom Friends.

you're thinking of Niall

• Like 10

I would like all future guests to speculate on their ability to kill Hayes and Sean.

• Like 14

I always enjoy HH the most when the guest actively doesn't like (or pretends to not like) the show/ Sean and Hayes, and this was no exception.

Dunno if that sounds like sarcasm but it is my genuine opinion. E.g. the Neil Casey ep is a modern classic.

Having said all that, hey Mike Lawrence, lighten up ya goose!

• Like 13

I am hoping sometime soon the boys will have J.K. Simmons on and he slips into his Whiplash character and forces Sean to play sound drop after sound drop.

• Like 11

Finally someone takes a shot at Rosemary Clooney. She told my friend Jatrule that he didn't have to go to school, this paizano took her advice and now where do you think he is??

• Like 6

Really glad they got back to basics with explaining the Popcorn Gallery as I have been so confused since they stopped explaining that segment. Also, Mike Lawrence really has a cool, chill vibe like a low energy, deep-voiced Brian Posehn. Imagine a Brian Posehn with cool shades on popping an ollie but gives no fucks and you nailed it.

• Like 10

Also, I'm cooking up a sweet idea for a podcast called Hotlanta Lesson Plan. Is that something?

• Like 7