🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 7 - The Cycle of Life

Reflections on death and the value of a 401k turns into candid sex advice from Chris Gethard to his anonymous caller.

More exploitation of mentally ill people. Great!

Someone who is not a trained professional should not be portraying a therapist. Earwolf is opening up themselves to some serious liability.

More exploitation of mentally ill people. Great!

Someone who is not a trained professional should not be portraying a therapist. Earwolf is opening up themselves to some serious liability.

Today's caller certainly had a troubled past...but as far as I remember she didn't mention any depression or substance abuse or other problems that I would class as 'mentally ill'. Maybe we have a different definition of it.

And I didn't get the impression Chris is portraying himself as a therapist? It's been pretty clear since the start that all this podcast is is just an honest conversation that lasts an hour or less. And I think anyone in an honest conversation, when presented with a problem that they can relate to might offer some advice. I of course have no expertise in this stuff, and it would be good if you could maybe elaborate a bit about why you think these conversations might be damaging.

• Like 2

Man, this episode was really good. I listened to the first one and hated it. It was slow and boring. Heard a clip of it again on TAL and hated it again. But I love Earwolf and enjoy Chris and wish him well and gave it another shot. This episode was actually really interesting. Chris needs to learn how a 401k works but had great chemistry with this caller that produced really interesting and at times juicy dialogue. Good Ep.

thanks for giving it another shot!

Hey! Started listening to podcasts in general and I am glad to say I started with Beautiful Anonymous! I had no idea where to start and I googled 'Best podcasts to listen to' and I saw Beautiful Anonymous on the list and thought it had an interesting concept. And the rest is history. :)

Also, I love the fact that Mr. Gethard himself replied to one of the comments criticizing his show and took it so sportingly!

Love the show! Keep up the good work Chris Gethard!

P.S. This is one of your international fans! B)

Sign in to follow this