đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bartelt

Episode 236 - 4/20 Special 2016: Live at UCB Susnet

Matt Walsh, Colton Dunn, Mookie Blaiklock and Billy Merritt join Matt Besser for a special 4/20 episode live at UCB Sunset. The origin story of The Waldos inspire a scene about a Subway employee who decides to change his favorite order. A butter-loving couple discovers their super powers, and a scene with the lights off brings the improvisers to a ghostly coal mine. Plus, Besser shares his 1992 man-on-the-street interviews at a Bill Clinton election day rally. Sign up for Seeso.com to watch Besser’s stand-up special “Besser Breaks the Record” and “The UCB Show,” which were filmed live in UCBLA.

Completely forgot it was 4/20, this is exciting, shame it's a live ep though

The Bill Clinton supporter from the '92 interview sounds like a Chris Farley character.

• Like 3

NEW TRADITIONALISTS! (kind of)

it was actually a 7" that accompanied the original pressing of the album, so it's a trick question... not sure if Matt realized that.

I love Besser but this is what he looks like every time he begs people to watch his stuff in his ads.

NaeglTD.gif

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the show. I've listened to every episode and I try to come on the forums to point out my favorite things, which happens way more often than anything bordering on bad or not good.

I couldn't finish this episode. In the first half, it seemed like the performers had a difficult time getting on one another's pages. Ideas were being introduced as fast as they were being abandoned, there were definite problems with listening. This is also the first time ever I didn't hear an audience not totally lose their shit over a call-back.

Still, this and HH are my two favorite podcasts and I'm even bummed there's no episode today.

I couldn't finish this episode. In the first half, it seemed like the performers had a difficult time getting on one another's pages. Ideas were being introduced as fast as they were being abandoned, there were definite problems with listening. This is also the first time ever I didn't hear an audience not totally lose their shit over a call-back.

Matt basically gave a disclaimer at the top that these are reasons why you shouldn't normally do improv while high. The 4/20 episodes are definitely a different vibe and I can understand that they're not for everyone, but I feel like a lot of the charm is that you sort of know that things are going to go off the rails.

• Like 6

Maybe Walsh doesn't get high all the time like a certain host of a certain podcast.

Looking at you David Gregory.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this