🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 43 - HGOT: Shadow of the Dragon Pt. I

Who were the First Men? Or the Andals? What about the Valyrians? Where did all the dragons come from? How did Westeros come to be Westeros? Maester Carlin answers all these questions and more in Episode 1 of Shadow Of The Dragon series, covering Westerosi history from the first human settlements on Westeros to Aegon Targaryen's dragon fueled continental conquest. To hear more from this series, log on to howl.fm and use the code HGOT to get 1-month free access.

i've never heard Hardcore History, but i love A Song of Ice and Fire, and i thoroughly enjoyed this.

kudos.

I love this series, and I think it's fascinating. This episode in particular gives one a lot of insight into Tywin Lannister and his relationship with his children. And it's good prep for this weekend's season premiere.

I have never watched Game of Thrones but enjoy Dan Carlin's Hardcore history. This Paraody is spot on perfect. The vocal delivery and inflections. The apologies for asides and unclear refrences. The pacing and excitment for the topic are hauntingly acurate. Extremely well done. I loved the first episode and if I watched Game of Thrones the rest of this would be a must. As it is I feel a bit of intellectual guilt enjoying a totally fictious history and will have to listen to some actual history from the original Mr Carlin as penance. If you are not familiar w/ Hardcore History Dan carlin's ten hour + history of Ghengis Kahn and the Mongels is breathtaking.

Sign in to follow this