🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
WTF?MichaelDorn

Is there a video podcast for the live shows?

I was just curious, why the live shows do not have an accompanying video podcast? It could be done with a very simple camera, so I was curious.

Logistics aside, Largo (where they record the live shows in LA) reportedly no longer allows filming.

• Like 1

Well Largo doesn't allow any video at all. Tig's special is legitimately the only video recording ever to have been done there.

EDIT: Dan covered it lol.

• Like 1

Well Largo doesn't allow any video at all. Tig's special is legitimately the only video recording ever to have been done there.

EDIT: Dan covered it lol.

I may be completely wrong but Sarah Silverman recorded her HBO special at Largo. So there is two.

• Like 2

I was just curious, why the live shows do not have an accompanying video podcast? It could be done with a very simple camera, so I was curious.

Completely agree. Seems like something simple. Could even post them on youtube and not have to deal with paying bandwidth.

I may be completely wrong but Sarah Silverman recorded her HBO special at Largo. So there is two.

You're probably right. I just remember them making a huuuge deal when they let Tig record her special there (not only just because it was the 1 year anniversary of her historic "I have cancer" set at Largo) so I of course made a dumb assumption lol.

• Like 1

When asked about a video version of SPONTANEANATION, Paul F. Tompkins said that Largo had declared a moratorium on filming. Tig's special was an exception, in light of her exceptional circumstances. Even Paul doesn't rule out the possibility of a live stream, though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

When asked about a video version of SPONTANEANATION, Paul F. Tompkins said that Largo had declared a moratorium on filming. Tig's special was an exception, in light of her exceptional circumstances. Even Paul doesn't rule out the possibility of a live stream, though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well he also proved that I know nothing about how many things have been filmed there cause The Thrilling Adventure Hour did so, hahaha!

• Like 1

Just to head off any, "But what about venues other than Largo" questions, and I think this goes into the "logistical issues" that Dan was referring to earlier, but I think Paul said somewhere this were issues with rights or distribution. Basically, wherever I heard/read that, I got the impression that it would just be a huge headache for them and more trouble than it's worth. But who knows what the future holds..?

I mean, it sucks, but I guess that's just how it is. God knows they're never coming to Atlanta, so I guess I'm shit out of luck too.

• Like 1

It's a shame Largo has restrictions on filming, because I really did enjoy the Superman 3 live show they were able to post.

Also, I fucking love the filmed CBB podcasts they posted on youtube. The ones with Richard Harrow and Cake Boss in particular i've watched at least 3 times now.

It'd be awesome if they did a few studio episodes with video. Being able to visually see June melt down when she realized that the dude playing the mini-me from Island of Dr. Moreau was an actual person, would have been pretty darn special.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this