🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134.5 - Minisode 134.5

I have to recommend everyone listen to today's Maltin on Movies cause Paul is the guest and you get to hear some of Leonard's opinions on Lifeforce, Maximum Overdrive, and Hercules in New York.

Just listened to it. Thanks, Taylor Anne, now I have a whole new podcast I have to subscribe to. It's like you think I have all the time in the world.

• Like 5

Just listened to it. Thanks, Taylor Anne, now I have a whole new podcast I have to subscribe to. It's like you think I have all the time in the world.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

forgot it was Wednesday

25zhzxx.jpg

I saw this on Twitter. It's not okay. Please go think about what you've done.

• Like 1

Listening to Maltin on Movies now. Maltin mentioned Honky Tonk Freeway! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honky_Tonk_Freeway I've never met anyone who has seen it. But I did a vacation rental (I guess I shouldn't say where?). And it turned out to be the writer of that movie's house and it was the WEIRDEST old house. His shoes were in one of the bedrooms and the guestbook had thanks from him and his wife. But then after we left we found out he died in 2001 or something.

Also there was a large statue of a tiger and labyrinth in the backyard.

• Like 3

WHOA! Finally getting to sit down and watch Solarbabies... I didn't pay 100% attention to the names in the opening credits so after a while Darstar started to look familiar to me. Something about the chin. Then I was like "OH SHIT! It's Natan Patrelli from Heroes! Adrian Pasdar, the Bonzo superman politician character."

Nathanpetrelli.jpg

• Like 2

Listening to Maltin on Movies now. Maltin mentioned Honky Tonk Freeway! https://en.m.wikiped...ky_Tonk_Freeway I've never met anyone who has seen it. But I did a vacation rental (I guess I shouldn't say where?). And it turned out to be the writer of that movie's house and it was the WEIRDEST old house. His shoes were in one of the bedrooms and the guestbook had thanks from him and his wife. But then after we left we found out he died in 2001 or something.

Also there was a large statue of a tiger and labyrinth in the backyard.

I demand Paul and the gang bring Leonard on here to cover Honky Tonk Freeway now

• Like 2

I demand Paul and the gang bring Leonard on here to cover Honky Tonk Freeway now

Leonard would be a good guest for any movie, especially an older, obscure one.

And I have photos of the tiger (which was painted what I can only describe as "fake cheese orange" somewhere presumably by some child or blind person).

• Like 3

Leonard would be a good guest for any movie, especially an older, obscure one.

And I have photos of the tiger (which was painted what I can only describe as "fake cheese orange" somewhere presumably by some child or blind person).

I would have also said they could force him to do Zoolander 2 because it's legitimately the only movie he has ever walked out on but that would just be too cruel.

Also can we rename "fake cheese orange" to "Donald Trump orange"?

• Like 2

Am I the only one excited about the announcement of a second "annual" Howdys? I re-listened to Gooby last night and I started Sharknado 2 just now (baby!).

I think someone who is not me--because I do not have the skills--should do a supercut of aggressive mispronunciations. Or, like, all the times Jason did not care for the Second Opinions theme.

I'm so psyched guys! I've been making categories ever since the first Howdies. I'll need to comb the forums again for my old ideas.

I meant to respond to this earlier, but YES! I'm extremely excited for the 2nd "Annual" Howdys--and I wholly support your use of quotation marks around "Annual." I guess we get one every time June and Paul have a kid...

Anyway, I've been wanting this for some time. I wish there was something I could do to help, but I'm not really sure how. I've never created a "super cut," and even if I were to learn how, I'm sure there are others better suited to the task than myself.

Does anyone have any good categories?

1. Best Singing Performance

• The Best Around-Mortal Kombat (Jason)
  • The Best Around- Maximum Overdrive (Jason)
  • The Merkin Canon- Lifeforce (Paul, Lennon and Jason)

2. Best Audience Question/Comment

• Frank Welker's 10 other HDTGM credits in TMNT 2: The Secret of the Ooze
  • The Staying Alive Choose Your Own Adventure Book-Staying Alive
  • The Making of Video with Geraldo Rivera- Staying Alive
  • The Dog Trainer- Top Dog

There needs to be a Jacob's Ladder supercut and a supercut of every time the crew (Jason) abbreviates something

Example: Post-cum puffy dick= PCPD from Perfect

I got another couple but they need more examples:

Movies the Crew Would Rather See

1. A movie about Jackie- Staying Alive

2. The run-up to the Cold Open- Demolition Man

Confusion about Geography

1. How far is Rock Moranis's old town?- Streets of Fire

2. The Lynn Debacle- The Covenant

• Like 1

I'd like to see a category about all the movies they're going to write.

• The various Sharknado sequels
  • Death Spa 2
  • etc.

• Like 2

I would have also said they could force him to do Zoolander 2 because it's legitimately the only movie he has ever walked out on but that would just be too cruel.

Also can we rename "fake cheese orange" to "Donald Trump orange"?

we all know Donald Trump is a coppertone man.. just check out his advertisement. man is shameless when it comes to product endorsements.

kaqtja.jpg

For you amy, more Cheeto colored orange. now all it needs is some Mexicans pointing and laughing.

I should also add, now in 5galllon buckets!

• Like 1

fake cheese orange or box mac and cheese powder orange? is that in anyway close to Cheeto dust orange?

Don't even get me started on Flamin' hot cheeto dust red. Yikes.

How about Best June Impersonation, where June was unavailable for scheduling the reasons and someone else had to be the one to look for the unexpected angle or question what the central point of the film was?

• Like 2

How about Best June Impersonation, where June was unavailable for scheduling the reasons and someone else had to be the one to look for the unexpected angle or question what the central point of the film was?

This is genius! Sub-category: Where someone became June without intending to. There's one where Jason goes crazy but I don't remember it off the top of my head. It's a recent one though.

fake cheese orange or box mac and cheese powder orange? is that in anyway close to Cheeto dust orange?

Don't even get me started on Flamin' hot cheeto dust red. Yikes.

amy I think your looking for more of a donald trump chia head!

2zqhn5j.jpg

You know, I noticed the "meow" in Bloodsport when I watched it too, even to the point of occasionally pausing the movie to make sure that neither of my cats was trapped in a room and trying to get out. I eventually came to the conclusion that it was something like a Vuvuzela, but regional to south Asia. I could be wrong though.

Here's the link: