🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
paulscheer

2nd ANNUAL HOWDIES - COMING SOON & WE NEED HELP

It'd be GREAT to hear a montage of all of Jason's movie pitches for various "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern"-type scenarios. That could be next level bonkers.

• Like 2

Not trying to spam the thread, just trying to post things as I come to them...

Best Metaphor/Simile: Jason, Episode 93--Staying Alive. Referring to Satan's Alley (11:05) "This is some sort of nonsense. This is like some sort of moog fantasy, ah, jazz nightmare!"

Apropos of nothing, I also thought it was adorable during the mini-episode after Sharknado 2 that Paul says that it was the most commented on thread in their history because it had SEVEN whole pages. Seven pages seems like a pretty slow week nowadays. :)

do we post supercuts here? did one last night .. first time using soundcloud .. very proud of myself

If you'd like to post the supercut here as well, by all means!

• Like 1

If you'd like to post the supercut here as well, by all means!

ok, i guess this is just for paul and marissa so everyone else ... dont listen to incase i'm lucky enough for them to pick it. the titles in the spoiler which will also give it away so ... no peeking

supercut of jason greeting the crowds at live shows

https://soundcloud.c...ngs-compilation

• Like 1

I dabble a bit in the video editing arena. I whipped up this remix/opinion piece in honor of episode #134 Can't Stop the Music:

08384faea1ce6554e58c2045d78585ff.jpg

I just remembered this one from Lake Placid...

Best Second Opinion: (1:22:56) "WE LOVE THIS MOVEING AND ALL GET MOVES OUT ON WEEKENDS AND WACH THE MOVES WE HAVE ALL OF THAN"

• Like 3

Best New Word Created on the Podcast: Ep.95 Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (3:03) Jason Mantzoukas

Top-Comma--an apostrophe, "It's, like, the bra of commas..."

This also leads to a pretty good tangent about one of Jason's ex-girlfriends mother referring to bras as "top underwear."

• Like 1

Another solid nominee from Paul in Ep. 95 Temptation...(12:42)

Best Metaphor/Simile: "I described, like, watching this movie was like coming into your house and everything was in a slightly different spot. It wasn't stolen, but it was, like, 'This is not right...'"

ETA: Temptation is proving to be a treasure trove for nominees...

I don't know if this should be considered a tangent or if it should fall into it's own category...Maybe, Best Personal Anecdote by Host/Guest. This category could capture any of Paul's "Tales From Blockbuster Video" and Jason's "Top Underwear" comment I submitted above.

Anyway, it starts at 51:50...

"You call it FUCKING!"

• Like 1

Best Impression by a Host

Paul's spot on Matthew McConaughey from episode 99 - A View To A Kill

Paul and Jason's Schwarzenegger from episode 100 - Junior

• Like 2

Paul’s Best Intro Line

From episode 95 Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor - "Finally, a movie with a moral - a fucking dark moral."

From episode 98 LOL - "It's a modern Jane Austen tale about love, texting, and fingering a raw chicken."

• Like 1

Most entertaining, barely-relevant story from Paul, June, or Jason.

"What's it's mission?" is the clear front runner, but I know there were others I can't think of.

• Like 3

Best Celeb Impression by a Guest

Nick Kroll's Stalone from episode 102: Tango & Cash

Brett Gelman's Sean Connery from episode 103: Zardoz

Best Tangent

Nick Kroll not wanting "to break momentum" in order to talk about how y'all come to talk about movies and how they get made (also from episode 102: Tango & Cash).

• Like 2

Best One Liners

June: "It's hard to say the word 'Zardoz'" Episode 104: Zardoz 2

Weirdest Thing Jason is Turned on By

Episode 99: A View to a Kill

Audience Member: "When did Jason come?"

Jason: "The horses mmmmm!"

• Like 2

I really don't mean to just bombard the thread with my annoying posting, but I keep coming across amazing nominations soooo I guess deal with it??

Best Recreation (When a Host/Guest acts out a scene)

Evan Goldberg & Paul Scheer as Thomas Jane & LL Cool J from Episode 106: Deep Blue Sea (37:56)

Best Moment of Realization (Think Rudy from Reindeer Games moment)

I wasn't sure if this would be a moment of realization a la Reindeer Games or if we could maybe invent another category like "Best Mind Blowing Real Fact About the Movie," but the moment from Deep Blue Sea (starting at 41:41) where Evan Goldberg mentions that they almost killed every actor in the movie with 3 tons of water needs to be nominated.

Paul F Tompkin's Ice-T from Deep Blue Sea (starting at 1:05:58)

• Like 2

106 and 108 I think are my Favorite eps.

ALL OF OUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!
Edited by NundercoverBrother

Best Recreation (When a Host/Guest acts out a scene)

I like Jason's impressions of Bill Pullman from "Lake Placid." "Quick. Shoot it." Whisper.

The bangs in "Teen Witch"?

Best June Theory

That "The Apple" takes place in space. Prove her wrong.

Even though it's not the exact line or deliver I like when Cameron Esposito yells "LEATHERMEN DON'T CRY."

Grossest Sex Talk

Wet sand hand jam from "Quest"?

Best Tangent

The PFT and Jason discussion of maxi pads from "Lake Placid" makes me laugh. Though I always do want to point out that hotels will provide you with tampons if you ask. I like when Jason says, "Ring ring ring. My aunt Flo is here. It's a disaster. I don't know. Can you send up a roll of paper towels and some string?"

Best Guest Laugh

Pete Holmes' laugh is always infectious. I also enjoy how pleased with himself Adam Pally is when he gets to do his bad impressions.

Best One Line

Did that hurt your dick? -- Nicole Byer, Bloosport. Can we get a dick update?

Best Moment of Realization (Think Rudy from Reindeer Games moment),

When PFT realizes David E. Kelley writes on a yellow legal pad?

Best New Word created on the Podcast

I like all the names you guys came up with for Grilldor in "Masters of the Universe."

Best Audience Correction and Omission

Gotta be the list of all the voice over guys appearances on HDTGM from "TMNT 2"

Best Thing that June is truly Upset by

"He's so small."

Best New Movie Pitch based on a Movie that we watch (This Movie Should have been, a Sequel pitch or Alt movie

I like the Junior pitch where Danny DeVito is the baby that Arnold gives birth too.

Best Guest One Liner

"LL Cool J's relationship with that bird made me profoundly sad." -- PFT, "Deep Blue Sea"

"Ma'am, have you tried yanking it out?" - Pet Holmes, Can't Stop the Music.

Best Abuse of someone in the Crowd

"Cody, you blew it. You were the star of the show." (Bloosport.)

Best Second Opinion

• Like 4

Best Thing that June is truly Upset by

Episode 109: Face/Off - Nic Cage asking women to suck his tongue

Best Impression by a Host

Episode 111: Hercules in New York - Jason's Arnold impression

Best New Word created on the Podcast

"Face waterfall" by Paul in episode 109: Face/Off

Grossest Sex Talk

Monkey Shines - The kissing noises!

LOL - Raw chicken sex scene

Junior - Melon blasters conversation

Episode 111: Hercules in New York - The line of women doing Arnold impressions just saying "I am Hercules."

Paul’s Best Intro Line

Episode 108: Con Air - "It's like an all-star version of the Love Boat except with sociopaths, murderers, and serial killers."

• Like 3

Best Second Opinion

Ep. 97 Rhinestone 1:15:13 "Wardrobe," by Matt Smith

"the robe that freddy ugo had on blue satin or silk who is it made by and how can i buy it the robe he had on when she rent to his room to call off the bet."

ETA: Another 2nd Opinion I forgot to add the other day...

Ep. 95 Temptation 1:11:37 "Christ Soldier" (I couldn't find the original review on Amazon to quote directly here [y'know, to make sure I was getting the "grammar" right], but honestly, reading through the reviews looking for it was kind of its own reward)

"Not much to say about Kim Kardashian, other than she's pretty and backs that thing up! Acting? She needs practice. The title's funny, but a better title would be 'Powerful Message of Temptation; Good vs Evil; Consequence vs Reward; God vs. Devil; Heaven vs. Hell; Faithfulness vs Betrayal'"

• Like 1

Best One Liners

Ep. 99 A View to a Kill 52:48

"Smart people don't own blimps!" -- Paul

• Like 5

Not sure what category this is for, but I love June's realization (during Con Air), that she just loves movies that take place on planes.

The best second opinions BY FAR (my opinion), are those from Rhinestone:

- The second opinion about who made the robe worn by Sylvester Stallone's character, as the reviewer wrote "Where do you buy that? Five stars."

- "The first time I saw this movie I thought I would die laughing. And I did!"

- The review fight!! "Daniel Becker, shut your mouth! Daniel Becker does not know real talent when he sees it!...Sure I respect your opinion, but it's so narrow-minded, I wanna puke!"

- "If you're too cool to watch a movie about Dolly Parton trying to turn Sylvester Stallone into a country music star, then guess what? You're an idiot. Five stars."

- "Judy! Judy! Go on Amazon and review the movie for me. Judy, please!!"

-"Made my mother-in-law laugh. Really fun to see her laugh."

• Like 1

Yes on the blimp line!

Also, Jason from Teen Witch:

"There is no way that kid takes baths."

• Like 3