🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Season 3: Game 4 - Pistol Shrimps 4/26/16

The Shrimps take on the The Blouses at Pan Pacific Park. Mark McConville and Chris Tallman call the action.

The Shrimps on Twitter: @pistolshrimpsbb

The Shrimps on Instagram: thepistolshrimps

Pistol Shrimps Radio on Twitter: @ShrimpsRadio

Matt Gourley on Twitter and IG: @MattGourley

Mark McConville on Twitter and IG: @MarkMcConville

Scattered thoughts on this episode:

* Mark and Chris naming referees after folks they did comedy with in the midwest is the most fun I've ever had being on the outside of an inside joke.

* Of COURSE an anvil shows up the week Matt's not here. (Not to mention all the Star Wars and the game victory and whatnot.)

* Is this the first time we've heard Ingrid M'Boogie on mic?

* Of course I'll be glad to have Matt back next week, but I also want Chris to be in every future episode too. That's not too much to ask of a man with his own life and projects, right?

• Like 4

MARK: Speaking of stroganoff, that's probably what's in this weird package that we got that is all the way from…

CHRIS: China!

MARK: China. Feel this thing before I open it, because…

CHRIS: So that my fingerprints are on it?

• Like 3

Excellent choice to have Chris Tallman as this week's co-host. I don't really have anything else to add besides my strong approval.

• Like 2

Chris Tallman did a more than capable job filling in for Matt. My only gripe is with his unwillingness to fully commit to the fake movie titles. This could be because I've listened to way too much Pistol Shrimps Radio, but I knew as soon as Mark said John Leguizamo, Matt would have followed up with John Armuizamo, and I was a little bummed when it didn't happen.

But we did get an Anvil and plenty of Han M'Boogie, so I can't complain too much.

• Like 2

Scattered thoughts on this episode:

* Mark and Chris naming referees after folks they did comedy with in the midwest is the most fun I've ever had being on the outside of an inside joke.

Despite being a sad from the Deep South, I have somehow become way too familiar with the Improv scene of the Midwest, because I recognized at least two of those names*.

* it was Brad Knight and Aaron Yonda, who I know from Beer and Board Games - fun thinking of them knowing Chris and Mark back in the day

• Like 4

Why don't more podcast episodes include revelations that the hosts/guests made out that one time?

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this