🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 418 - Paul Reiser and The Apple Tree

Brendon Small continues to push the limits of what the human ear can tolerate. Between Victor's podcast, Willy's vocal fry, and the apple tree, he's just daring listeners to turn off the show. And I love it!!

• Like 2

I also made a music video out of the "Apple Tree" song, check it out if you like, thanks!

• Like 3

It's weird to me how many people couldn't stand the chewing. I normally can't stand chewing sounds but this for some reason does not bother me. Maybe because I am laughing too hard. Maybe I just learned apple chewing specifically doesn't bug me.

Either way that song was maybe the hardest I have ever laughed. It gave me a headache from laughing so hard.

Also, I see Paul Reiser is on Never Not Funny so maybe this has already been mentioned, but I could not get over how much Jimmy Pardo and him sound alike.

Man, the Bonobos ad in the middle around min 40 was bonkers. By that I mean it was amazing. Maybe the best ad that has ever existed. I imagine it as an animated mini-cartoon. Soooo good.

Remember a few months back when the episode description was some insane drunken ramblings that Scott brought up on a show afterwards? It was like that brought to audio life.

I also made a music video out of the "Apple Tree" song, check it out if you like, thanks!

There are a surprising amount of videos on YouTube for this song considering the ep just came out

And omg - whenever Brendon Small brings in a prepared tape, you know it's going to be amazing. I still laugh out loud thinking of the "Podcast" episode....

I thought they were going in a Podcast terrible-quality direction when they mentioned Victor's new phrase-by-phrase recording method. There's still comedy to harvest from that field, Brendon!

Did anybody else hear the phone go off near the end of the Apple Tree song? Every time I listen to it, I think I got a text.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I keep reading the Apple Tree song was the best thing ever.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I keep reading the Apple Tree song was the best thing ever.

I guess everyone couldn't like it. The song itself is just so damn unbearable to begin with and then there's the apple chewing. For me it got even better when you could hear Scott's open disgust for Willy as he sang on the track. There's a whole lot of fun in it for me. Also in general the sheer innocence of Victor and Tiny as characters makes the apple tree concept sweet but still awful.

• Like 1