đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
tommyPickelz

3 Ninjas (1992)

I remember LOVING this movie as a kid, but there are a LOT of terrible movies that this show does that fit that description for a lot of people. For me, some of the best movies on the shows are ones that I've seen without specially watching them for the podcast.

I also remember, having seen it several times elsewhere, renting/watching it with my parents, who said that we could buy a copy if they liked it. They did not. I was shocked.

Trying to remember bad stuff about the movie itself...

The fact that Snyder and Mori were friends once many years prior is treated as some dark secret from Mori's past. Mori may have called it the worst mistake he ever made, but the line might seriously be "the only mistake I ever made."

I think this is the movie where, to show that they were staying up late playing video games, they're seen playing Super Mario Brothers with a lot of excitement and enthusiasm. But they're getting awfully excited about the very beginning of Level 1-1 on a game that requires you to start over pretty often. As I recall, the eyes of a ninja mask on their wall then flashed a warning and they knew their mom was coming and jumped into bed, pretending to be asleep. I wanna know where the kids got the high-tech motion detecting equipment for that and drilled holes into the wall to install it without their parents noticing. Their dad works for the FBI and didn't notice?

Also, this is definitely the movie where the really violent parody of the song "On Top of Old Smoky" originated, which was a running favorite at my school for years.

I would love for them to do this movie. I watched this as a kid all the time. When my dad brought me to the video rental store, I rented this every weekend for months. Just saw this with my kid a few months ago, and i was laughing my ass off from all the terrible jokes and moments. This and surf ninjas were my childhood movies.

Sign in to follow this