#181 silvrwoman

?????????

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

View Postlizzy, on 16 May 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Silvr I would like to make a guess that it is beloved forumer Ashley but also I am not sure where the old thirsty tomatoes come in? Sundried tomatoes? What?

Yes, Lizzy! Ashley did those soft drink (thirsty) reviews (Rotten Tomatoes --> old tomatoes)! I know - I made that hint way too difficult

#182 mwn

problem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

women be cryptic, am I right fellas *tries to do the arsenio dog pound thing and punches himself in the side of the head*

@

#183 Fabio's Socks

Laugh Riot Police

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationOutside your feet but inside your shoes

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

View Postsilvrwoman, on 16 May 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Yes, Lizzy! Ashley did those soft drink (thirsty) reviews (Rotten Tomatoes --> old tomatoes)! I know - I made that hint way too difficult

That's a puzzle for the original Ernest, the one from the books and not the movies.

Congratulations Lizzy, you are smarter than Ernest Goes To Jail
The man, the myth, the legend

PM me your ideas for terrible startups so I can put them in a movie script.

#184 originalEskimoBoosterStation

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationhotspot tower, the arctic.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostoriginalEskimoBoosterStation, on 14 May 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

THAT is both interesting and impressive.

wigfield vs emmy and novak vs spiderman script is great, also ozeri vs freud (the "oh yeah mom!"-incident), sinbad vs franklin, gabrus vs hens... and so many more. the highlights are so dense they escape striation, and attempting to list them, or even dividing the project into a fixed unit of time seems slightly perverse:

the artistic genius in "the dream of the fisherman's wife" of hokusai can not be captured when divided into square centimetres... even less so when divided it into square millimetres. a square centimetre can accommodate a recognizable slice of octopus tentacle or a patch of unstyled muff, but a square millimetre? not so much.
Posted Image
Posted Image

and only considered in full can this dramatic depiction of animal love be appreciated:
Posted Image

are you experiencing that the project is akin to a comedy-fractal that evolves as you zoom in on it with repeated listens or that it is converging ever clearer on some solid geometric "haha" as you complete yet another orbit?

postscript

to dream of exploring hokusai's masterwork "the dream of the fishermans wife" without ever encountering its edges.
to wish the glorious spectacle of the tentacled romancer was a constant in ones lived experience.
to come to terms with the temporal finitude of the project.
the artist always already known, then, as the post-modern prince.