🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 10 - 4 Kids 0 Sex

After 8 years and 4 kids he is more in love with her than ever. But she's no longer in love with him. This is the first time he's talking to anyone about it.

Cut her some slack, dude. She's been pregnant for THREE years out of 7 and has birthed four babies. I would harbour a guess that she's touched the eff out. Never mind post partum depression can last for 2 years.

That said, hopefully she'll come out of her shell and see a supportive husband who loves her flaws and all. Good luck

• Like 1

Maybe if he'd help more around the house. Mopping the floor could be considered foreplay. Maybe she is scared of becoming pregnant again. Four kids in eight years, that's a lot these days!

Woah, this podcast is magical. This is the first podcast I've been wrapped up by completely that isn't meant to be laugh out loud fumy. Just thoughtful and sweet like an amazing film, yet it's real life. How beautiful and tragic the world can be.

• Like 2

Great episode! My ex and I had 3 kids in 6 years and there were definitely times when our sex drives just didn't match up. Like someone else said, just cut her some slack for now. Give it some time and it'll get better.

I laughed when Chris talked about over thinking sex sometimes and not being able to finish because he's worried about his partner. Totally been there. The caller's silent reaction to this little confession was pretty hilarious!

I totally relate to this caller from the wife's side. My husband and I have been together for 11 years,we have 2 kids. Most days I'm just exhausted, the toll pregnancy took on my body, my hormones have changed, the PTA, work and the emotional, physical and spiritual exhaustion of having children. Its a lot for anyone! Give her a vacay alone! She's probably just worn out, doesn't mean she doesn't love you or that she's not in love with you. Its the ebbs and flows of any marriage. This too shall pass, be extra nice and extra loving. Good luck, don't give up!

Have to agree with all the ladies above about raising kids being exhausted.  Yes, give her space and time but you should force the kiss goodbye and hello.  Also, holding her hand, in the car, while going to sleep and maybe ask her if you can just cuddle with out pushing it to sex.  People need contact.  She may want a back rub but doesn't want to go there because she doesn't have the energy for sex.  I know you don't want to have the real conversation but you need to.  Communication is key.  Do go to counseling,  you said the two of you talked about it and your relationship is ABSOLUTELY worth it. 

Married for 22 years, together 25 yrs, 2 children

Sign in to follow this