🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
engineerdoug

Episode 6 — DNA

What makes you who you are? The simple answer: DNA. This week we invite Dr. Alex Platt to the hatch to discuss deoxyribonucleic acid and what it means for our species. Alex uses his scientific expertise to explain the birds and the bees (and the sluts) and judge David's impression of Pee Wee Herman. Learn why cloning doesn't work quite like we'd want it to, and why the fastest sperm might not be the best sperm, this week on Professor Blastoff.

Hey guys, just a couple follow-ups --

The discovery of nucleic acids as the carriers of genetic information with the radio-active phosphorus I was trying to describe was the brilliant Hershey-Chase experiment performed in viruses. This, along with the Watson-Crick-Franklin work describing the structure of DNA, was done in the early 50s, not mid 40s.

Cheers!

Great episode, Blastoff team. I love the expert being there... he not only brought some specialized experience to the table, he also made the silliness of the hosts seem even funnier. Who would have thought a brainy-pants doctor would serve as the straight man in an hilarious comedy routine? Someone get Bob Newhart on the phone!

Hilarious comedic commentary aside, I <3 Professor Blastoff and am really excited that the show gets better and better with each episode. Good one.

when can i order my tig wig?

also, can we get a podcast on cannabis? michael backes would a be a good guest...or mitch earleywine on the phone

just a thought...i listen a lot while i take care of my medicinal garden.

keep all your beakers bubblin' and shit blastoff crew

i liked this episode a lot. good work guys. scientist guy sounded super uncomfortable during jokes. exactly what i expected from this mix.

Sign in to follow this