🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 60 - Storm Drain/Live from San Francisco Sketchfest

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes ladies or gentlemen to a LIVE episode of Spontaneanation, recorded at San Francisco SketchFest 2016! This week, Paul’s special guest Jon Hamm of Mad Men! They chat about what book inspired Jon as a child, questionable babysitting tactics, and being pro- or anti-possum. Paul is then joined by Craig Cackowski, Matt Gourley, and Little Janet Varney to improvise a story set in a Storm Drain. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, June 4th, with improvisors Nyima Funk, Colleen Smith and Chris Tallman, with special interview guest

! Tickets are available now: bit.ly/SPONT616

If I discovered all of Jon Hamm's stories were lies I wouldn't care.

Was this the first appearance on the show by Hitler? I feel like that's something likely to have happened sooner.

• Like 3

If I discovered all of Jon Hamm's stories were lies I wouldn't care.

Was this the first appearance on the show by Hitler? I feel like that's something likely to have happened sooner.

The ghost of Hitler showed up in a Tuffy shop one time.

• Like 2

Honestly when he said the Clio awards I had to go look them up (never heard of them) to make sure they weren't named after Miss Cleo who had the most successful commercials in the late 90s to early 2000s.

I say most successful because A. I still remember those bullshit commercials to this day. B. She advertised successfully a bullshit psychic hotline on national TV for over 6 years and it wasn't in the 1980s.

• Like 2

The ads on the street with Lauren (and I want to say Neil?) were like a bonus mini CBB Tour show. Glad they're having fun on the road.

I love Matt's enthusiasm for Greek mythology! And Dr. No the anesthesiologist!

Hitler's ghost showed up at the snorkeling expedition kiosk, not the Saltwater Tuffy shop. I'm pretty sure he's shown up at least one other time but I can't remember when.

EDIT: A quick Twitter search tells me that we find out Hitler is an Aries, Paul wanted people to tell Andy Kindler he was mentioned in the same breath as Hitler, and there was baby Hitler talk with Bruce McCulloch.

• Like 8

"playing baseball alone is a ridiculous endeavor only Bugs Bunny can do that guys" yeah Jon Hamm is the best

• Like 7

The ads on the street with Lauren (and I want to say Neil?) were like a bonus mini CBB Tour show. Glad they're having fun on the road.

I think it was Mike Hanford with Lauren and Paul. He's joined the tour now (he took over for Neil partway through) and the voice sounded a bit like Mike's John Lennon :)

Also? This episode has my 3 fave improv guests AND Jon Hamm. It's an embarrassment of riches.

• Like 3

Holy shit, this was one of the GOATs. Hamm is the best and the improv was fantastic. Also, as much as I love Mitch & Delores, I'll take punchy CBB tour ads with Lauren and Neil any day of the week.

• Like 5

Anyone else mildly disappointed by live shows in back-to-back weeks?

Nah. I'll take live shows over nothing any day.

• Like 3

We Took the Handsomest Man Alive, Who Is Also Very Funny, and the Funniest Man Alive, Who Is Also Very Handsome, And Put Them On One Stage, and You Won't Believe What Happened Next!

Seriously, loved the whole episode, great interview and a great example of the kind of batshit crazy improv we've come to expect from Spontaneanation. And the stinger with Gourley's injury story was icing on the cake...

• Like 9

Hitler's ghost showed up at the snorkeling expedition kiosk, not the Saltwater Tuffy shop. I'm pretty sure he's shown up at least one other time but I can't remember when.

Of course you're absolutely right! My mistake, and my humblest apologies to everyone. Since I've clearly mixed those two episodes up, I guess I have no choice but to listen to them both again.

Also, I agree with the sentiments expressed in this forum that this episode was incredible. Jon Hamm as himself lost in a storm drain Storm Drain just put it over the top for me. Probably one of my favorites, although at this point it's hard to make that claim without it turning into a Sophie's Choice situation.

• Like 1

I feel truly blessed (but said like bleh-SED) today. Wonderful cast. Also something about 'epic'. This was very fun. I love Matt Gourley. Huh? Ok, gotta go!!

Listening to this made me uncomfortable because I'M Casey! Very unnerving.

Also, Jon making a cameo appearance in the sewer was some next level scooby doo style loveliness

Anyone else mildly disappointed by live shows in back-to-back weeks?

No

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this